Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Sever Command Lines in Notepad++

Kilk

Hello, 

I have decided to share with everyone a Notepad attachment of the "GameUserSettings" (Open with Notepad++ to make things easier on yourself since you will need to save the file as a MS ini file for it to work with your sever). Inside is every sever command that I could put together and what those lines do from a "=True" prospective with comments (Every line that begins with a '//' will need to be deleted for it to work). I noticed some of the codes from the Steam Guide where typed incorrectly plus it was very confusing. Please note: Your sever will already have some of these command lines in place. This file comes with both the command lines your sever already has plus a couple more that can be added to configure your sever more.  If your sever is exactly the way you want it then disregard this post.

FTP: You will need to have a FTP software such as FileZilla Client to connect to your sever files. When doing so ensure your sever is stopped before making any changes. 

Credit: I take no credit for this. I just simply looked all over the internet for different command line codes and used the Steam Guide for a definition.    

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage done to your sever. Be sure to make backups of your "GameUserSettings.ini" file in a separate location before proceeding to change them.  The command lines belong under "Sever Settings" do not edit any commands under the other categories expect for "Message of The Day". 

P.S.: You guys are welcome to make suggestions or tell me if I made an error. This took a lot of trial, error, and research to complete. I know the Notepadd++ file is a little messy; you are welcome to make it look nicer and send me an attachment.

Respects, 

Kilk

~The Forbidden Lands Team

Update: GameUserSettings.txt has been updated due to an error in my auto correct. I apologize for the inconvenience. However because the word "server" was spelled "sever" the game would look over the code and set it to its regular defaults.   

GameUserSettings.txt

Update: I am currently using these exact commands in my sever (Without all the added comments). All the command lines work perfectly.  

Out of curiosity and my own lack of knowledge, I've noticed that several times you show SEVER instead of SERVER.  Is this intentional or just an oversight?  I'm new to all of this and trying to work out how to setup my new survival server with various parameters.

Sorry. It appears my auto correct on my computer seems to love messing up the word "server". I'll work on that XD Thank you for informing me. :3 

Excellent post.  This should probably be stickied.  I have been using most of those commands myself, but I had to look all over for them. 

Two that are giving me fits is the gammapvp and flyer carry.  My server is PVE and I want to disable the ability to change gamma.  I think it ruins the immersion.  No matter if I set that to true or false, you can still change gamma.

Currently my flyers can pick up people in their tribe.  However, I want to change it so that they can pick up untamed dino's and such.  I don't think this is possible.

Thank you :3 and ya same here, my server allows gamma and it ruins the whole get back before dark aspect. Also I don't think picking up players from outside your group is possible, but it should be because it would make for a really cool war scene (picking up your enemies and dropping them to their deaths).  XD