Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Getting bloody annoyed now - Anyone with server savvy able to help?

As per previous post.

All we want to do is to play from fresh with a harder difficulty setting, easy you'd think huh ?? All day we have been attempting this and the server will not load.

I have raised a support ticket. Am waiting.

Followed the advice on the forums, deleted files from SavedArks and the server wouldnt load. So reinstated a back up, it loaded with all the characters etc that we didnt want. Deleted files from Saved Arks again, all the files from it like last time and not loading. Forced an update and stil nothing, will not load. This attempt is like an hour and half of server status as Started and Loading .....

Such a simple thing but why isnt it working? Is there a hardware issue with the servers causing them not to load? Am I missing something, all character files, tribe etc etc are server side so it should be a complete fresh load if they are removed from the SavedArks folder.

Can you please just put in a button to resinstall server whch will wipe everything from it on the control panel? 

Thanks for any responses. Am going mad wasting a day for something that should just be straight forward.

Well you could always try breaking it down into smaller steps to try to identify the problem. I personally haven't tried to do a clean restart yet so I don't have the exact answer.

You could try deleting the characters and structure info only, then raise the difficulty and go ingame and do a dino genocide via destroyall admin command. When the dinos respawned they would be higher level due to the difficulty change. That would "effectively" be restarting on a higher difficulty. If there is a problem with that then you know that the issue lies with deleting either the character data or the structure data, and you can once again break it down smaller by trying to delete only one or the other.

When looking in the saved ark folder, im not 100% sure but I believe the .arkprofiles are character data(personal and any personal structures) and the .arktribes are tribe and tribe owned structures.

Anyways as I said I don't know a whole lot about this, but I figured I could at least try to help. Your best bet is probably still a ticket. Support can easily fix this whole problem by just doing a clean install on your server like they do when someone purchases a new server.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, tried all that though.

Within this forum it was stated that all you need to do is delete the files from that folder, restart and all is wiped for a clean start.