Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server down and status unknown

Chuck

Wanted to post this here before i added to the probably massive amounts of tickets the Tech guys already have.

My server suddenly went down and all i receive is a status unknown msg. I can't restart server or alter any of the files, all i get is "Unable to connect to the remote server" Popup.

If this is just me please let me know so i can put in a support ticket. If this is a host problem let me know as well so i know not to bug them about it seeing as they should be aware and working to fix it and don't need even more tickets to dig through.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had some issues for the past 3 days with the server going down about 1800 with sever lag and then struggling to come back online. I get the same symptoms described at the beginning of this thread where a restart, or stop and start are unresponsive for a very long time, then the server comes online on it's own after a while. It does seem that over time the MySQL server is getting slower and not responding all the time which may be part of the issue we are all sharing in. My server is connected to 216.245.195.26:3306 and I am hosted in Dallas, TX. My graphs show a large spike in traffic in my server shortly before it goes unresponsive.

Is there something running on the SQL server or is the load at around that time increasing across all servers that access the DB server causing it to fail to keep up with load demands?

Please look into.

I have submitted a ticket for the last 3 days. I have yet to get any feedback. BTW.. my server is down again, and I am loosing server population fast because of these issues.

The support team is working hard to answer all the tickets in the order they were received.

My issues may be related to this too. Sometime around Monday my server started to seemingly restart itself every few minutes. I'm not sure that it was a true restart, but it would kick everyone and all my admin tools (dart, tsw) for about a minute and then everything would come back normally. Unfortunately this would continue to occur every 5-10 minutes making my server completely unplayable.

I've also submitted a ticket but with the very slow response times and unhelpful at that, I've still been offline since Monday morning. A day is understandable, 2 days is unfortunate, over 3 days now is... well, incredibly frustrating for me and my players.

Yeah I just started getting this. I had my server switched over to the new epoch mod but just a few hours ago i tried to tweak a few things i had twweaked a million times before and suddenly its is trying to go back to vanilla Dayz and is doing the whole restarting thing you described.

It even changed the template in the cfg files from epoch to dayz among other things. Very annoying. Hopefully when they fix it we dont get wiped seeing as how in epoch its not just all about loot farming you have to make and earn money to buy a lot of the nicer things and vehicles spawn in random locations. So all my clans trucks and such won't be where we found them lol.

My problem seems related around the high traffic periods of the day and not just when my sever has a lot of players. Between 8pm and 10pm EST I start to get a lot of Broken Red Chains, then it goes to a Yellow Chain for a very long time and all server chat stops and nothing moves right. Zombies don't die, friends riding in a vehicle claim it's crashing even though it's not to you. And DaRT and TSW stops talking to the the RCON port and the SQL. I completely loose the ability to kick high ping players to see if I can bring it under control. When I attempt the restart it doesn't always respond immediately and takes up to an hour to start accepting players again, and when they return, they find that there are a number of actions they performed that are not done. Vehicles are not where they left them, player spawn in is at different location than before the restart by a lot.

As I said, it seems related to the time of the day and less with how many are on the server since if only a few are on at that time it still does the same thing. I am assuming I share a SQL server with others. My game server stats don't show much unusual before the happens, RAM and CPU seem well below any expectation for the amount of players in game.

I hope we can get some resolution soon to our tickets since it seems to of started 3-4 days ago. I have a lot of players that comment they like playing, but I'm sure the lag out and reboots are getting to them. I like the server for the open ability to update the server how I want. I hope this information helps someone.

We need to check on your specific server for these queries. It's most likely related to a hard drive issue one of our Dallas locations is having. We're fixing that today.