Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Save from the FTP

Can somone show me a step by step way to save my world with the FTP? as well As uploading the save world.

The current problem i have is cheat saveworld and admincheat saveworld does not work. My server has rolled back 15+ hours.

Auto saving world is not happing eather. It was set to 20 min.

Ive put in a ticket this morning but no no response yet.

alright,

download this program

https://filezilla-project.org/  Client Version not server version

and just in case 

this program

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

now make sure you do the custom install as there is spam products within the install of filezilla

once installed, it is ideal to do a window restart, to make sure the install is done.

now open Filezilla 

fz3_linux_main.png

now you have some info on your control panel about ftp info

enter in your

host(FTP IP address)

username given to you via ftp access

password(the one you have set for only you ftp access)

and port number

hit quickconnect(btw you can now after these steps use the quickconnect drop down button to access your server in the future)

so navagate yourself to this file

shooterGame/Saved/Savedfiles

take the savedarks folder and drag it to your desk top

Tada you now have a saved world on your computer.

i have more to come so hold on, this should keep you for a bit

so you want o place a world into your server

1.stop your server

2.if the server need to do updates, do so now, this will auto start your server again.

3.once the server is up again and is joinable, you can stop it again.

4.drag the saved folder SavedArk that is on your computer and place it back into the Shooter/saved/ folder 

5. it should ask you if you want to over write some files, yes to all

6.make sure you are watching the load bar at the bottom of the filezilla program and make sure all files are completely installed

7.once done transfering files, start server again.

***note the reason i said to do 2 restarts is because to prevent over writing from patches i perfer to restart the server every time I do one thing, too prevent conflicts.  some people feel this might be taking it a step to far, they sir never owned a minecraft server with 145 mods plus 50+ addons.  By doing it one at a time you have to ability to find a problem faster.  Put in to many conflicts at once make it harder to find the one problem.  Just look a the forum, pertaining the CVR commands.    

i hope this was helpful

Ham

ham.teamspeak3.com

reminder that when you want to save th world to pull the folder before you stop the server, that might help.

now if you are still having problems, then your server seems like it is not saving at all

with the information that you provided an admin should be able to help you directly with your server

since you posted this

:? i click the ip here

FTP Details

IP: 72.20.53.51

does anyone else have anything to add.

and i'm really sorry about the long wait between posts, I was at work and just got home.

Again these things take time and i hope that they will get better for you, I'm sure they will.

Ham

ham.teamspeak3.com

Saving is not currently working. I believe after they brought down some of the servers yesterday for "maintenance" and then back up... both saving and the ability to update the server is not working. My server stopped it's auto saving around that time. Even manual savings with admin command didn't work. You can see by looking at the file theisland.ark in the server save folder.. check the last modified date. The guide you posted is great if the servers were saving properly but they are not. I imagine as more ppl try to update their server and restart they will see they lost all progress from yesterday. I tried switching from LA to new York and I did get the latest server version but of course I want LA so I switched back hoping to get a new IP trying to fix the server saving issue.. but unfortunately it gave me the same server/ip. So I did it again and now I'm stuck with server status unknown. Anyways I put a ticket in like 20 hours ago with no response.

Yeah. After my community raged on me last night.. I just stopped the server.. I knew it wasn't saving and I wanted to save new players coming in the grief we have been experiencing.... I'm noticing other server providers are not having as many "issues" as we are....not sure how I can get my community back. Right now my server is sitting in unknown status and I cant switch back to LA because it's greyed out.. not that it matters because it's not saving anyway.

so i checked mine and i see her that my sever saved 30mins ago

9UvXR0P.png

so i think it is only a select amount of servers that this affects

have been talking to Tirent in teamspeak and been looking for the auto save feature within the files

i would like to know where to find the autosave plugin

♪♬Some day over the rainbow, we will get this going ♪♬