Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

how to do a full server wipe ??

delete everything inside of the savedark folder in FTP

so everything inside the folder not the folder itself ??  

im planning on a sever wipe on friday to coincide with the large patch coming new mobs new items ect only makes sense to me to do a server wipe for large content patches like this .

Yes the Contents of the folder, not the folder itself.

Until Ark is a completed game with full mod support messing with folders could create corrupt files or folders. I found in the past with other servers if i deleted the folder the best thing to do was to recreate the folder exactly. Sometimes the game server would recreate the folder but in another location, or in the same location but invisable to FTP programs. I would be interested in what happens if you tried to delete the folder itself and tried restarting the server.

another way to save the world but keep the folder but recreate the world is this

1.turn off the server

2.create another folder called SavedArk

3.rename the old folder 1stSavedark

4.restart the server, the game should not recognize the old folder and use the new one you recreated

This is the best way and save space on my machine.(though takes up space on the server) Sometimes the host would call me to tell me that I have taken up to much memory room.

Yes the Contents of the folder, not the folder itself. Until Ark is a completed game with full mod support messing with folders could create corrupt files or folders. I found in the past with other servers if i deleted the folder the best thing to do was to recreate the folder exactly. Sometimes the game server would recreate the folder but in another location, or in the same location but invisable to FTP programs. I would be interested in what happens if you tried to delete the folder itself and tried restarting the server. another way to save the world but keep the folder but recreate the world is this 1.turn off the server 2.create another folder called SavedArk 3.rename the old folder 1stSavedark 4.restart the server, the game should not recognize the old folder and use the new one you recreated This is the best way and save space on my machine.(though takes up space on the server) Sometimes the host would call me to tell me that I have taken up to much memory room.

this seems like a possible way to keep older versions of your world when u do a wipe aswell  just incase things don't go well . you could then just delete the folder you made and rename the original back to its original name and restart ?

yup that is the easiest way to do it and there is less transfering of files from server to your pc, it can save on bandwidth depending on what ISP plan you have aswell