Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server not saving?

So i am having an issue were the server is not saving before it does its auto reset.  I am wondering if there is something i need to change to trigger the save before auto reset.  At this point the server is running on a 2 hour timer but only remembers what happen the first 1 hour and 30 mins or so.  Has anyone else seen a loss of player and world data after their resets and/or updates (man does this game update A LOT).

I had the same issue. I resolved it by saving manually my files before I update the server. With your FTP software, connect to your FTP and save this folder on your computer: /ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArks

Update your server and then replace the FTP files with yours.

Was kind of hoping SS would be able to make this part of there auto restart settings....really dont want to have to wake up every 2-4 hours to manual change the save file.

Was kind of hoping SS would be able to make this part of there auto restart settings....really dont want to have to wake up every 2-4 hours to manual change the save file.

We are definitely looking into this! We are currently taking feature requests and we will do our best to support the best features as quickly as possible!

We are definitely looking into this! We are currently taking feature requests and we will do our best to support the best features as quickly as possible!

Soo... is your support response I received about this matter incorrect? Or is this just another example of the great communication I've experienced as a new customer? 

"

The update does not wipe your server. Let me know if you have any other issues. 

----------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,

Peter Quadro, Account Manager "

Soo... is your support response I received about this matter incorrect? Or is this just another example of the great communication I've experienced as a new customer? 

"

The update does not wipe your server. Let me know if you have any other issues. 

----------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,

Peter Quadro, Account Manager "

The response is exactly what it states. It does not WIPE your server.

As of now, when you restart ANY server using any provider, there will be a rollback of about 10-15mins unless you save the game right before you restart. Not sure if that clears it up for you, but thats what I got out of read that.

Actually, when I logged off last night after playing I had 0 issues. I woke up this morning and couldn't connect. So I did an update from v170.1 to v170,4 and when I was finally able to login, server was wiped and had to make a new character.

That was a force wipe done with the update that the DEVS sent out, totally out of our hands when that happens.

Why would they wipe servers and not wipe local files? Seeing as people can transfer their characters and dinosaurs from one server to another, including local to servers.