Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

since im here how do u set a password please

mow

You can try adding this to the Launch Parameters Line after checking "Custom Launch"

?ServerPassword=<password>?ServerAdminPassword=<password>

or you can FTP & edit the GameUserSettings.ini file (found at ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer)

to include:

[AdminPassword]
Password=<Password>
ServerPassword=<Password>

[Edit] Crossed out the first option since that seems to be currently causing issues with the ControlPanel

You can try adding this to the Launch Parameters Line after checking "Custom Launch"

or you can FTP & edit the GameUserSettings.ini file (found at ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer)

to include:

[AdminPassword]
Password=<Password>

thank you very much, will try if server ever comes on

to include:

[AdminPassword]
Password=<Password>

Is this confirmed working because I just had my server up but too many people joined before I could change anything, then when I reset it with the wrong line it failed to launch. . .

to include:

[AdminPassword]
Password=<Password>

Thanks a bunch! Can't wait until my server is up. :/

Is this confirmed working because I just had my server up but too many people joined before I could change anything, then when I reset it with the wrong line it failed to launch. . .

It's what the devs said to do on the Steam Community forums.

I have mine set up that way, but the control panel is showing the server is running but I can't find it in the server browser which seems to be another issue entirely.

fair enough, i guess im in the same boat you are my friend.  I saw mine for a a bit though wich is such a tease lol. now my server is stopped and I cant seem to get it to start again? Hmm

It's what the devs said to do on the Steam Community forums.

I have mine set up that way, but the control panel is showing the server is running but I can't find it in the server browser which seems to be another issue entirely.

Are you viewing through the steam server view or ingame server view? Try using steam server view and use the favorites bar then add your server by adding through the IP address.

fair enough, i guess im in the same boat you are my friend.  I saw mine for a a bit though wich is such a tease lol. now my server is stopped and I cant seem to get it to start again? Hmm

Messing with custom parameters causes the game to fail to start if its not done right.

Are you viewing through the steam server view or ingame server view? Try using steam server view and use the favorites bar then add your server by adding through the IP address.

trying that as well but says its not responding

Been doing that. Server is showing as offline on the Steam Browser

trying that as well but says its not responding

Been doing that. Server is showing as offline on the Steam Browser

If you just restarted your server it takes a few minutes to appear on the server list. Also make sure that under the control panel the server status is started.

If you just restarted your server it takes a few minutes to appear on the server list. Also make sure that under the control panel the server status is started.

Thats my problem now, my server wont "Start" again...

I edited my post since the custom launch params don't seem to be working right. The edited ini just keeps getting overwritten every time i reboot the server too >_<

I have had no problems getting my server up without passwords but currently any attempts at passwords is still fruitless. The only time my server had a hiccup was when a update came and I just re updated the server and it came right back up/

I can't even join in on my server lol. I'm so glad the 11 people who are playing on my server are having fun with out me. My friends can't get on it either. It has my server ip but the port is 7777 and everytime I try to load the server it either sends me to a random server or just stays at the loading screen for about 5 minutes and then freezes up.

I can't even join in on my server lol. I'm so glad the 11 people who are playing on my server are having fun with out me. My friends can't get on it either. It has my server ip but the port is 7777 and everytime I try to load the server it either sends me to a random server or just stays at the loading screen for about 5 minutes and then freezes up.

If your looking at your server through steam server view info the IP address port will always be 7777. Not sure why. If your trying to connect the IP listed under server details should work.

I have had no problems getting my server up without passwords but currently any attempts at passwords is still fruitless. The only time my server had a hiccup was when a update came and I just re updated the server and it came right back up/

How did you manage to add the password??

weird my server is not showing up through right clicking steam and going to servers . but it is in he server list if i launch the game and go through unofficial servers