Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Password Protection

I know you guys are still working on getting the servers set up which is fine i know there is a lot of problems with the game atm. But I did notice on the server control panel there doesn't seem to be a place to password protect the server. Do you plan to add such an option because I would be sorely dissapoint if we could not.

I think we can add ?ServerPassword=yourpassword to the launch parameters to set a password. Also there is a server config file we can access and edit via the FTP where you can set parameters from what I have read

Working on it now.

I edited GameUserSettings.ini and added in a password and changed the admin password but ti did not apply it to the server for some reason.

The launch line is overwriting your GameUserSettings.ini file.

You will need to custom launch line for that.

Example custom launch line:

"../../../ShooterGame/ShooterGame.uproject" "/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome=IPHERE?QueryPort=PORTHERE?SessionName=HOSTNAME?MaxPlayers=SLOTS?listen?ServerPassword=PASSLOCK?ServerAdminPassword=PASSRCON" -nosteamclient -game -server -log

The launch line is overwriting your GameUserSettings.ini file.

You will need to custom launch line for that.

Example custom launch line:

"../../../ShooterGame/ShooterGame.uproject" "/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome=IPHERE?QueryPort=PORTHERE?SessionName=HOSTNAME?MaxPlayers=SLOTS?listen?ServerPassword=PASSLOCK?ServerAdminPassword=PASSRCON" -nosteamclient -game -server -log

So if I take what you put and edit it to my liking and put it in the custom launch parameters, it should work, right?

• 2 months later...

Hi I was wondering how I would go about REMOVING the password from my server? It seems my gameusersettings.ini is being overwritten but I am unable to find the file that is doing this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Write in the Defaultgamesuersettings. They are located in Shootergame > Config. Any modifications should be made to the DefaultXXXXXX.ini files. The DefaultXXXXX.ini overwrite XXX.ini files when the server is restarted.