Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Vehicles Gone and Unkown Status

riddlogic

Hello fellow admins, I've run into a couple issues and the ticket responses are frustratingly unhelpful, so I thought I'd check if anyone else has any ideas on fixes.

The first and biggest issue is that after that email went out about the Reality update, I reinstalled my Reality (in hopes it would fix a separate issue of people being kicked when they die). When I restarted, all my vehicles are missing. The database entries are there and they show up in the various admin tools (TSW, map tool, etc), but in game they are not loading.

I've attempted to reinstall everything from scratch to no avail. The next step is backing up the instance_vehicle table and wiping it clean in hopes that fresh vehicles might show?

That leads to my next question about servers being in "unknown" status in TCAdmin. I haven't had a chance to try and wipe my database table because I can't restart my server right now. This isn't the first (probably the fourth) time I've seen this happen. Does anyone know what causes this? And is there anyway for me to fix the unknown status on my end so I don't have to wait on the ticket response that usually comes at 2am due to the time difference.

Sorry for the length and thanks for any help.

Hey Folks,

I have the exact same problem. Status of server is " Unknown ", and all vehicles gone ingame from actual server map. They show up in the "tools" map however.

Also, I cannot log in to the Survival Servers customer area, despite getting a password reset twice. It still comes back as "Incorrect Details".

Anyone got any ideas on these issues?

Your avatar is terrifying.

It is however good to know that I'm not alone in this, as the response I got from my first support ticket on the issue was essentially "we haven't had any reports on this, restart your server"... Like that wasn't the first thing I tried...

Thanks for the avatar :)

Still no vehicles, several server restarts and no sign yet.........................

Here's hoping they turn up soon !!!

Robbie.

I found a solution for this problem, though it required a lot of digging and some modifications to a database table.

I will post my fix in a little but, but I want to update my ticket first and tell the SS guys what the porblem is.

OK, here's what I've found.

I don't know what HiveExt is or does, except that it's probably responsible for parsing your database. Inside HiveExt.log I found this error:

2013-02-23 21:08:00 Database: [Error] Error 1054 (Unknown column 'Hitpoints' in 'field list') in MySQLQuery SQL: 'select iv.id as id, v.class_name, 0 as owner_id, iv.worldspace, iv.inventory, iv.parts, iv.fuel, iv.damage from `instance_vehicle` iv join `world_vehicle` wv on iv.`world_vehicle_id` = wv.`id` join `vehicle` v on wv.`vehicle_id` = v.`id` where iv.`instance_id` = 1577 union select id.`unique_id`, d.`class_name`, id.`owner_id`, id.`worldspace`, id.`inventory`, `Hitpoints`, `Fuel`, `Damage` from `instance_deployable` id inner join `deployable` d on id.`deployable_id` = d.`id` where id.`instance_id` = 1577 AND `deployable_id` IS NOT NULL'

2013-02-23 21:08:00 Database: [Error] Failed to fetch objects from database

For whatever reason, it's attempting to call the columns Hitpoints, Fuel, and Damage in the instance_deployable table, which don't exist for me.

I don't know if they should or if this is a bug.

Adding these 3 columns to my isntance_deployable table fixed my vehicle spawn issues and removed the errors from HiveExt.log.

Since this is just a patch solution, I don't want to include the SQL here as I'm sure the Survival Servers guys will be doing a fix for it. But if you're comfortable in phpmyadmin, just add those 3 rows to the end of the instance_deployable table and make Hitpoint column VARCHAR and the other two default INT's, check NULL for all 3.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Deploable's weren't saving after these changes because the Hitpoints column should be made a VARCHAR instead of an INT. Sorry I didn't catch this sooner.

I must be doing something wrong. When i try to add the columns it seems to work but as soon as i log into my server it crashes and i have to restart it. What am i doing wrong?

Sorry you're having that issue, Chuck. I actually had the same thing. The only way I was able to get it to work was to empty my tables and force everyone to start fresh. Now, I think I may have only needed to empty my instance_deployable table, but I am not sure. I ended up deleting everything from instance_deployable, instance_vehicles and all my survivors. I'd start with emptying your instance_deployable, restarting your server, and see if you get the crash.

It's all that HiveExt.dll causing these issues.

It's actually kind of fun to make everyone sort of start over, but quite a few weren't to happy about it.

This may actually prevent deployables from saving. So I would do a test in game with tents/tank traps/wire/etc first and see if they write to your database. Personally if it's a trade off between having vehicles or not, I'll take the vehicles for now until a true fix comes out.

so i thought i was pretty good php but i cant figure out how to add these columns I thought there was an easy was to do it without SQL like through insert, but i must be dreaming, can anyone help me figure it out

***Edit Found the easy way to add them but Rid, your posts get a little fuzzy about the columns, does only the hitpoints need to be varchar and the other 2 int or just do all 3 as varchar?

** anyway so i added them hp is Varchar and damage and fuel set to int defaults set to null and i checked the null box Values all had to have a number so i put 0 testing in server now

Yes, only Hitpoints need to be varchar. Sorry if it was confusing, it took me a long time to figure all that out and I was groggy by the end of it. =P

Hopefully you're doing it through the Structure tab in phpmyadmin, that's the easiest.

More info:

Vehicles will work if Hitpoints is an Int, but deployables won't save. Hitpoints has to be a varchar for things like tents to save.

yeah thats how i did it, just blanked and didnt see the add thing at the bottom. anyway added them fine, but im getting the crash. no msg recieved when i join, im trying to get it working now with out doing a data base wipe, if so, any idea if exporting the table and wiping them importing them will work? or maybe can just wipe the instance_deployables without vehicles and survivor, dont want to lose everything i have a few regulars who have quite a bit

***Edit**** Got it working, had to wipe the instance_deployable table only, and now everythings working at the loss of tents and wire runs :-P I have not tried to import the backup i exported but i have a feeling when i do itll crash again, just going to manually add the tents from a pdf i exported as well, should keep most of the players happy

i know, now, im still having some problems though, new tents laid are not dumping into the instance_deployable table, it keeps saying its empty, also when i try to manually add one it just crashes the server.

The other weird prob im having aswell is somewhere in the process of doing this all the tables for cust loadouts got wiped (beats me how, never touched them) when i make a new one with the map tool it also wont dump in to php, worst part about it is no new ppl can join the server, anyone who has been on previously is good, anyone got any ideas before i send off the ticket? lol

The first thing I'd do is download my HiveExt.log and see if there are any errors reported in it. Database-related errors about saving new tents to the db will show in there. If you see some post them.

When I was having issues with new tents being added to my database it was because I hadn't discovered that Hitpoints needed to be a varchar yet.

2013-02-27 16:42:41 Database: [Error] Error 1054 (Unknown column 'Hitpoints' in 'field list') in MySQLQuery SQL: 'select iv.id as id, v.class_name, 0 as owner_id, iv.worldspace, iv.inventory, iv.parts, iv.fuel, iv.damage from `instance_vehicle` iv join `world_vehicle` wv on iv.`world_vehicle_id` = wv.`id` join `vehicle` v on wv.`vehicle_id` = v.`id` where iv.`instance_id` = 1277 union select id.`unique_id`, d.`class_name`, id.`owner_id`, id.`worldspace`, id.`inventory`, `Hitpoints`, `Fuel`, `Damage` from `instance_deployable` id inner join `deployable` d on id.`deployable_id` = d.`id` where id.`instance_id` = 1277 AND `deployable_id` IS NOT NULL'

2013-02-27 16:42:41 Database: [Error] Failed to fetch objects from database

2013-02-27 22:38:34 Database: [Error] Error 1406 (Data too long for column 'hitpoints' at row 1) in MySQLStmtExecute SQL: 'insert into `instance_deployable` (`unique_id`, `deployable_id`, `owner_id`, `instance_id`, `worldspace`, `inventory`, `Damage`,`Hitpoints`, `Fuel`, `created`) select ?, d.id, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP from deployable d where d.class_name = ? VALUES(LOCATION NUMBERS, 753, 1277, "[LOCATION NUMBERS]]", "[]", 0, "[]", 0, "TentStorage")'

These are the 3 i found in the respective dates of the incident, nothing showing an Error for the 28th, Im not the best with this stuff and ive pretty much been teaching myself Php I have a guess on what this means, but its still only a guess, Ill wait till the log updates and check again for todays.

the other thing about the log though is I'm not seeing a lot of errors around the player stuff but a lot of "pass" logs heres an example:

2013-02-28 20:52:48 HiveExt: [information] Method: 101 Params: 87486086:1277:Uriah:

2013-02-28 20:52:48 HiveExt: [information] Created a new player 87486086 named 'Uriah'

2013-02-28 20:52:49 HiveExt: [information] Created a new character 2024 for player 'Uriah' (87486086)

2013-02-28 20:52:49 HiveExt: [information] Result: ["PASS",true,"2024",[],[["ItemFlashlight","ItemCompass","ItemKnife","Makarov","ItemMap"],["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","FoodCanPasta","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","ItemSodaCoke","ItemBandage","ItemBandage"]],["DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1",[[],[]],[[],[]]],[0,0,0],"",0.96]

2013-02-28 20:52:49 HiveExt: [information] Method: 999 Params: select replace(cl.`inventory`, '"', '""') inventory, replace(cl.`backpack`, '"', '""') backpack, replace(coalesce(cl.`model`, 'Survivor2_DZ'), '"', '""') model from `cust_loadout` cl join `cust_loadout_profile` clp on clp.`cust_loadout_id` = cl.`id` where clp.`unique_id` = '?':[87486086]:

2013-02-28 20:52:49 HiveExt: [information] Result: ["Land_SS_hangar","[10,[19898.8,12800.8,0.001]]"]

2013-02-28 20:52:49 HiveExt: [information] Method: 102 Params: 2024:

2013-02-28 20:52:49 HiveExt: [information] Result: ["PASS",[false,false,false,false,false,false,false,12000,[],[0,0],0],[0,0,0,0],["","aidlpercmstpsnonwnondnon_player_idlesteady04",36],[],2500]

2013-02-28 20:52:51 HiveExt: [information] Method: 201 Params: 2024:[0,[11104.6,2963.55,0]]:[]:[]:[false,false,false,false,false,false,false,12000,[],[0,0],0,[0,0]]:false:false:0:0:37633:0:[,aidlpercmstpslowwrfldnon_player_0s,100]:0:0:Survivor2_DZ:0:

2013-02-28 20:52:51 HiveExt: [information] Result: ["PASS"]

2013-02-28 20:53:56 HiveExt: [information] Method: 201 Params: 2024:[6,[11104.6,2963.55,0.002]]:[[itemFlashlight,ItemCompass,ItemKnife,Makarov,ItemMap],[itemBandage,ItemBandage,FoodCanPasta,8Rnd_9x18_Makarov,8Rnd_9x18_Makarov,8Rnd_9x18_Makarov,8Rnd_9x18_Makarov,ItemSodaCoke,ItemBandage,ItemBandage]]:[DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1,[[],[]],[[],[]]]:[false,false,false,false,false,false,false,12000,[],[0,0],0,[0,0]]:false:false:0:0:0:1:[,amovpercmstpslowwrfldnon_player_idlesteady02,100]:0:0::0:

2013-02-28 20:53:56 HiveExt: [information] Result: ["PASS"]

2013-02-28 20:53:56 HiveExt: [information] Method: 103 Params: 87486086:2024:2:

2013-02-28 20:53:56 HiveExt: [information] Result: ["PASS"]

Ok, i used your idea to fix the vehicle problem. After that i had to deal with the tent saving problem. I was able to fix it with setting the lenght (the box after VARCHAR) to 100. I´m new to this Admin tools so my question is: did i something stupid or should i be happy, because the player on the server can now use tents again?

greetings

Bjoern

That's exactly the issue, Sabar. A varchar column of length 0 can't store the amount of data being entered, even if it just an empty array.

Mine are set at 25 though I guess with what is actually being put in the rows, a value of 2 would work. Though I think varchar stores 4 bytes regardless... anyway.

You can't leave them 0.

Bjoern, you didn't do anything stupid. Sounds like you've got everything working correctly.

kind of had a discovery today, seems my loadouts are working from the map tool, certain players can not get in and in bercon i keep seeing this msg when new players who cant get in join up

(2013-03-02 | 02:08:54) : Player #0 playername (player ip) connected

(2013-03-02 | 02:08:55) : Player #0 playername - GUID: player guid (unverified)

(2013-03-02 | 02:08:55) : Verified GUID (player guid) of player #0 playername

(2013-03-02 | 02:09:15) : Could not connect to BE Master

(2013-03-02 | 02:09:15) : Update attempt failed

(2013-03-02 | 02:10:38) : Player #0 playername disconnected

so now im thinking its a battleye problem, anyone ever seen this before??

Ive also been thinking of switching over to TheSilentWarrior antihax, gettin rid of BE, im hopping it could be a nice fix and tsw's on like 10euros and it looks like a really nice tool