Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

[How to] Invade & Annex

DisarmingForces

OK, so the other day I decided I was going to renew my server from survival servers (of course) and came upon a question, If I'm going to continue to rent this server I wonder if I can get my favorite game-mode to work on their servers (my group also needed their own server). So I asked the wonderful support team here at survival servers if they would know how to set it up. They sadly told me no but if I could get them some information on how it works they might be able to help me they also said the would do a little research themselves. So first off before I get into the tut I wan t to than the support team and the rest of the people working at Survival Servers a BIG Thank you, for both your time and effort and the fantastic servers you guys have.

Also I want to ask if you guys could add Invade and Annex to the game-modes list please.

Step 1:

Download the MP mission file from the proper place. Being here: http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/726-aw-invade-annex-changelog-and-download/

Step 2:

Go to your control panel and change the server to a wasteland server doesn't matter witch one.

Then turn OFF your server and go into your FTP with your FTP client of your liking (I use Filezilla).

Then go to the Admin folder and search for the server.cfg.

Step 3:

Download and open your server.cfg file using Notepad++

Then go to the bottom and where it says // MISSIONS CYCLE replace with this:

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
class Mission {
template = co60_AW_Invade_Annex_2_82D.Altis;
difficulty = "Regular";    // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid
};
};

Step 4:

re-upload the server.cfg after saving and the in the FTP find the folder called MPMissions and open it.
Then find were you saved your copy of the Invade and Annex and unzip it, then upload it into the FTP in the MPMissions folder.

Step 5:

Restart your server using the restart button at the top and not the one at the bottom, because the one at the bottom will undo all your hard work. Also if you need to change anything on your server you now have to do it through the FTP as using the control panel will make your hard work go away.

That's it thank you everyone and have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I must agree with the creator of the thread.

It would be quite an awesome feature to be able to choose from a range of recognized coopmissions such as IaA, hearts and minds amongst others.

Not to mention it would open the door for a new range of paying customers.. just sayin ;)