Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Adding items to traders

ZappZ

Hi. I'm trying to add items to my trader lists and having some difficulty.

I'm running Overpoch NAPF 1.0.5.1

I have tried to add the items through the mySQL and it didn't work so figured it was done through the pbos

Mission pbo I found the "mods" folder that contains the "CfgServerTrader" folder and the list of the bandit, hero, friendly and neutral traders .hpp's

I have been able to edit the vehicles for both hero and bandit traders, and bizarre enough as it is, i can add a single weapon or two to the bandit weapons trader list, but if I ad 5 or more, it gives me troubles. When I upload the mission.pbo and restart the server, I get "Waiting for Host" and it just sits there. 

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

The list of weapons I am taking from the class catagory 902 list of the overpoch.hpp and copying those items into the bandit hero weapons list. I haven't even gone in and removed the 902 class from the neutral trader list, as I thought this may have been where the problem was, and simply copied 5 items into the bandit's list and tried it. No go.

I'm at a loss for what I'm doing wrong.

thanks. there has to be an error in the files somewhere.

Would you happen to know where I go to disable the side chat and direct chat prohibitions? No one can type in it, but you can talk. It's wierd.

Just the subject on my mind. Having spent hours on end and downing endless cans of Rockstar energy i can not figure this out.

My problem is, my new trader is not showing the item/s i have added. I have done everything right, hell... even going through countless tutorials just to make sure and still no luck. Even tried adding stuff to current traders, still no luck there. I am lost and fustrated.

Has anybody been successfull? Tired of doing various tests now haha.

post-1675-0-38980700-1428315938_thumb.jpg

Just the subject on my mind. Having spent hours on end and downing endless cans of Rockstar energy i can not figure this out.

My problem is, my new trader is not showing the item/s i have added. I have done everything right, hell... even going through countless tutorials just to make sure and still no luck. Even tried adding stuff to current traders, still no luck there. I am lost and fustrated.

Has anybody been successfull? Tired of doing various tests now haha.

Yep, I've done it and was successful.

Yep, I've done it and was successful.

Mind sharing? i done it this way http://gtxgaming.co.uk/forum/forum/learning-center-tutorials/video-tutorials/11366-video-tutorial-edit-trader-items-in-epoch-overpoch but with my trader. Everything in the database looks how it should be by the book but i am clearly missing something silly and i just can't see it/figure it out. Tell me what you need to see?

First of all, editing traders isn't hard. If you've made a mistake always revert back to your RPT log if you get "waiting for host". You posted a tutorial on how to edit traders from the GTX website and they state that it's GTX specific. That's where I stopped watching.  Although I didn't watch the whole thing and maybe I'm wrong but in your previous post you mentioned a "new" trader". So, I'm assuming that you went into the editor and placed a trader, correct? Or, are you just trying to simply add/delete items to the trader itself? You posted a picture but what is that supposed to mean to me? It doesn't explain what's wrong. Why add traders when you can just add categories? Much simpler in my opinion. If you have the trader, and you have the categories and nothing is showing up, I can only assume it's the classnames of the item you have screwed up.

The video is basically the database method, you have to skip ahead and it wasn't the original tut i used, just an example. I have no RPT errors. I used an existing weapon in the database "Weapon Test".

server_traders.sqf

// Jet Dealer
menu_FR_Sapper = [
	[["Weapon Test",694],["Jets",693]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];

mission.sqf

_unit_178 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["FR_Sapper", [12061.9, 12638.7, 0.0584259], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_178 = _this;
  _this setDir 19.4231;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

server_traders

INSERT INTO `ss_5035`.`server_traders` (`id`, `classname`, `instance`, `status`, `static`, `desc`) VALUES ('178', 'FR_Sapper', '17', 'neutral', '', 'Jet Dealer');

trader_data

Jet

INSERT INTO `ss_5035`.`traders_data` (`id`, `item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `order`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('8083', '["A10_US_EP1",2]', '10', '[4,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '0', '693', 'trade_any_vehicle');

Weapon

INSERT INTO `ss_5035`.`traders_data` (`id`, `item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `order`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('0', '["M1014",3]', '10', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', '[2,"ItemGoldBar",1]', '0', '694', 'trade_weapons');

trader_tids

INSERT INTO `ss_5035`.`trader_tids` (`id`, `name`, `trader`) VALUES ('694', 'Weapon Test', '178');

And yes everybody keeps saying it's easy. Yet, single coin currency was easier haha going to poke around a bit more. Just can't get anything to show up on the trader apart from the menus

Well yeah single coin currency is easier, it comes with a mission and server PBO with it already installed. Anyone who visited the forums would've seen that. Have fun.

Not sure if it's going to apply to you or not, but my server is overpoch and I had some of the addons done by survivalservers. I originally tried the database method, and found no success. I had to go and find the information in the mission pbo, and manually edit the specific files. the "mods" folder of the mission pbo had CfgTrader folder in it, and inside there was all the various items classes, matched with the tid of the trader in the servertraders file... it took a bit of time to figure it out.

On another note, I did find where my troubles lay, I had left a ; out in one of the weapons files.

for the chat restrictions, I found it in the BEC folder. thank you.

Now if I could only figure out how the scheduler works in battle eye so that I can have server messages... I'll be a happy camper. :)

Not sure if it's going to apply to you or not, but my server is overpoch and I had some of the addons done by survivalservers. I originally tried the database method, and found no success. I had to go and find the information in the mission pbo, and manually edit the specific files. the "mods" folder of the mission pbo had CfgTrader folder in it, and inside there was all the various items classes, matched with the tid of the trader in the servertraders file... it took a bit of time to figure it out.

On another note, I did find where my troubles lay, I had left a ; out in one of the weapons files.

for the chat restrictions, I found it in the BEC folder. thank you.

Now if I could only figure out how the scheduler works in battle eye so that I can have server messages... I'll be a happy camper. :)

I haven't ever been able to get BEC working with SS and I think that it's not supported anymore. I use Gotcha for my server messages but unfortunately, that's not supported anymore either.

I haven't ever been able to get BEC working with SS and I think that it's not supported anymore. I use Gotcha for my server messages but unfortunately, that's not supported anymore either.

It's kind of odd. I had language filtering on, use of chat channels disabled and I've managed to fix those through BEC but the scheduler doesn't seem to function even though it's called within the bec config file. A tad bit frustrating to say the least. it's got to be something I've f'd up though, unless SS has disabled the scheduler portion of BEC somewhere and I don't know about it.

Well i gave up with it in the end and tinkered with other scripts but i just tried it with my hero trader and it worked, well spotted i owe you a cookie. Such an odd way to do it but hey ho, it's less time consuming i guess. Atleast somebody in this forum is usefull. Time to put my custom traders back in and give it a whirl.

Thanks!