Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Hearth & Home Update Out - But, Server Update Has Old Version Still

Kurt Boyer

I've tried multiple times to update my server this morning by using the "Yes, run update/validate" option for the "Server Update" and I've selected "Delete World Save" as well. However, it is still stuck on 0.156.2 while the new version should be 0.202.14.

Any ideas?

Update: I did get a response to a ticket I put in and am following the directions, but to no avail so far. I'll keep trying every 15 minutes. :)

Here is the response to the ticket:

When updates are first released, they will take some time to download for everyone. Depending on locations, etc with steam. Please continue to do this every 15 minutes or so.

2. Please select Yes, run update/validate from the Update drop-down in your control panel.

Please Note: This will take about 30 minutes to complete.

3. Then press the green Save & Restart button at the very bottom.

(This should update your server if one is available and will replace any missing/corrupt server files)

Update #2: My Control Panel now says (in a red color) "Outdated Version - Your server version may be outdated." 

I have also tried the "Stop" button to stop the server, but the server never stops. It is always in a "Started" state -- which seems odd.

Update #3:

From the logs accessed by my FTP:

systemmanager.txt

[2021-09-16 07:18:28] Inilializing System Manager
[2021-09-16 07:18:28] Suspend inhibited

and service_log.txt

Thu Sep 16 14:18:28 2021 UTC : Failed to load Steam Service (GLE 126)
Thu Sep 16 14:18:28 2021 UTC : BOpenService failed (GLE 1060)
Thu Sep 16 14:18:28 2021 UTC : ServiceStart: failed to start (GLE 0)

These same items repeat every single time I try restarting/updating the server.

Here I am six days later and I still can't update.  I've been out of town working, so I'm just trying, but you'd think that they would have it figured out by now.  Support ticket started...