Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Creating new map/seed not working

mmarcantel70

Hi,

I tried to create a new map/seed to replace my current one.

I stopped the server, clicked the Delete World Save button and then hit the green button at the bottom to restart the server, but when I went to log in again with a new character it was still the same map with the buildings that were there.  Did I miss a step?

Also not sure if the IP is supposed to change or not with the new map, but it is the same on my server info.

I got help via a ticket but for some reason the new map is showing the same general % of the map explored as I had explored on my initial map.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix that (my assumption being I cannot undiscover it on this map but can do a fresh restart with the exploration undone) on my local machine or anything?  Uninstall and reinstall Valheim maybe?

5 hours ago, Jon Stevenson said:

any ideas on how to reset your map so it doesn't show explored on a new world reset?

What method are you using to reset the world? I believe I replied to a ticket you have open about this, unless another user has a similar ticket and I am mixing it up.

I used the delete world save and then the green button at the bottom.  The world reset and gave me a new world but now the map still shows the explored areas from my previous world.  They are new areas but shown as explored on my map.  I would prefer for it to reset and the fog of war to be as on a new map.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. This has to do with the Valheim+ mod with the enable server map so every one syncs not changing the explored areas when you create a new world because Survival servers changes the name of the world fwl files to your server Id so when you join the .dat file sees the same fwl name and loads the map for that name. The only way around it that i know is to use a new character because I tried deleting the .dat file on the server that stores the map progress but the one that is synced to your client side folders still holds the data apparently. You can delete the client side one too but if you have any other maps using this mod youll lose them too. I have a ticket in for a solution. In the mean-time just use a new character.

Your best method to create a new world and remove the % of world explored is to clone a world from your local machine.  Create a new world on your local machine and upload the fwl and db file in the control center.  This will eliminate the old world and the % explored.  Also,  it will allow you to use a custom seed if you wanted.