Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Arma 3 Epoch server getting started

James47981

I just started an Arma 3 Epoch server with you guys and was wondering how I set stuff up in game. How do I access the admin panel and setup traders, vehicle spawning and things of that nature. I have also seen other servers have "build boxes". Any help would be appreciated. Pc Noob here

I just started an Arma 3 Epoch server with you guys and was wondering how I set stuff up in game. How do I access the admin panel and setup traders, vehicle spawning and things of that nature. I have also seen other servers have "build boxes". Any help would be appreciated. Pc Noob here

Hi and welcome to the forums.

To set up the admin panel first you will want to turn your server off (from within the server panel)

Once that is done use the FTP information located in the panel to log in with filezilla or any other FTP client.

Once you are logged in go into the epochHive folder and look for epochAH file. Open it with Notepad++

Inside that file you will need to add your UID which can be found by launching Arma 3. go into the configuration tab then profile. you will find it on the last line.

Once you have that edited. save and then upload it back to the server through your FTP client.

In game hit F1 to open the panel up.

As for the vehicles and such, right below the epochAH file is epochconfig file. open that and you will find all the editable items, such as cars, time, traders, etc.

Though right now it is very limited as they have not added a lot of stuff.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

To set up the admin panel first you will want to turn your server off (from within the server panel)

Once that is done use the FTP information located in the panel to log in with filezilla or any other FTP client.

Once you are logged in go into the epochHive folder and look for epochAH file. Open it with Notepad++

Inside that file you will need to add your UID which can be found by launching Arma 3. go into the configuration tab then profile. you will find it on the last line.

Once you have that edited. save and then upload it back to the server through your FTP client.

In game hit F1 to open the panel up.

As for the vehicles and such, right below the epochAH file is epochconfig file. open that and you will find all the editable items, such as cars, time, traders, etc.

Though right now it is very limited as they have not added a lot of stuff.

Thanks for the feedback, that worked perfectly. any advice on why my character doesn't respawn where I logged out and loses all his gear and krypto? Actually nothing saves, built a base and placed vehicles and stocked a few traders. server restarted and everythings gone. And how do I go about adding the armored vehicles, ie tanks, infrits , things of that nature?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback, that worked perfectly. any advice on why my character doesn't respawn where I logged out and loses all his gear and krypto? Actually nothing saves, built a base and placed vehicles and stocked a few traders. server restarted and everythings gone. And how do I go about adding the armored vehicles, ie tanks, infrits , things of that nature?

Thanks again.

Is there a way to fix it though? Cause I don't want to have a server open that wont save stuff, people trying to use it will get pissed.(much like I was when I got on and my 4 hours of work was gone.)

Is there a way to fix it though? Cause I don't want to have a server open that wont save stuff, people trying to use it will get pissed.(much like I was when I got on and my 4 hours of work was gone.)

The database will say 0 inside of your control panel. To access it you will need to download RedisDesktop Manager. That will give you access to it.

As for the saves. It may be due to a BEC file of the game not saving before restart or saving at all. I will ask them about this and see what they think it could be. I had this issue at first and believe that is how I fixed it. Double checking

The database will say 0 inside of your control panel. To access it you will need to download RedisDesktop Manager. That will give you access to it.

As for the saves. It may be due to a BEC file of the game not saving before restart or saving at all. I will ask them about this and see what they think it could be. I had this issue at first and believe that is how I fixed it. Double checking

Okay I just talked to them and if you can I would suggest switching the server to a different map then back to the one you want. There might of been an error the in the database set up. Causing the data to not be saved when playing. If or when you do this please update me if it fixes your issue.

Okay I just talked to them and if you can I would suggest switching the server to a different map then back to the one you want. There might of been an error the in the database set up. Causing the data to not be saved when playing. If or when you do this please update me if it fixes your issue.

I tried switching maps then back, still not saving anything. Even after that didn't work I just changed Epoch maps, still wouldn't save on the new map. Switched to Altis Life, won't save. Is my server just bugged or broke? lol

I tried switching maps then back, still not saving anything. Even after that didn't work I just changed Epoch maps, still wouldn't save on the new map. Switched to Altis Life, won't save. Is my server just bugged or broke? lol