Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Using Non Valheim+ Mods on SurvivalServers - Is it possible?

jerd

Title related -

My friends and I have completed our vanilla run through and would like to do another run through with some light mods, but don't want to use Valheim+ because it's too big and we don't want most of it. In order to do this we'll need our server to run BepinEx. We don't want to switch to another dedicated server provider because we like the service here, and so we were wondering if anyone has had any luck running BepinEx (and associated mods) on a server here, and if so, how? 

• 1 month later...

When uploading modded files to your server, do you have to change how the server is started (ex. run start_server_bepinex.sh) in order for the server to utilize mods? If so how can this be done? How can I make sure my server is running mods? I haven't been able to figure this out when NOT running Valheim+. I don't intend to use V+, but do have mods I wish to use for my server.

• 2 months later...

Similar question,  I think.

We are interested in using one particular mod (sharing map info) and have to use either BepinEx or InSlim VML to load the mod in.  We don't want Valheim+, mapsync is the only thing we are trying to mod (seems like it should be in the game already).  Is there anything that we can do?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I'm also wondering the same thing.  I just wanted to install the Better Networking mod to possibly help with the nasty lag our server has accumulated and I used FTP to drop the .dll into the plugin folder in the BepinEX.  But considering the mod is just networking there isn't some clear way to tell if the mod is activated or not.

Would simply dropping the .dll files into the plugin folder via FTP be all thats needed for it to run?

No edits need to be made to start_server_bepinex.sh due to how we run the servers. If you want to have BepinEx installed, just enable Valheim+. Valheim+ already includes BepinEx. You do not have to use the valheim+ features if you do not want to. Most can be disabled or configured. If you would like a specific mod installed not related to Valheim+ or are having issues, we will do our best to assist you. Please submit a ticket with the link to the mod you are trying to install. We can not guarantee the mod will work but we will double check to make sure the mod/mods are installed properly per the developer.