Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Using Valheim+ without control pannel for better control.

SKALLE

Is it possible to use Valheim+ on my server installing it by FTP? I don't want to use the Valheim+ in the control panel section since i want to decide when it updates.
If it is possible how should i proceed? I already have Valheim+ installed in my control panel, should i remove it and install using FTP? Thanks.

The following from Ryan Pennington:

You can update on your end without needing us to intervene each time. Only in the case that you use our Modify Valheim+ Config tool would you need to see if any new settings were changed. It takes us a few days to add those. If you simply cannot wait then you are free to ignore that tool and make the changes to your file manually via FTP. Again, you can auto pull the latest Valheim+ update as it's available on Github without waiting for us.

I do not know exactly how to but it is possible. However when the official update comes out it may revert your configs to default and possibly lose items though so be aware of that. Check out some of the other threads in the modding forum where I found this information.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried this and it resulted in an "incompatible version". I transferred the new Valheim Plus .dll for (0.9.6) into the plugins folder via FTP. I tranferred and updated the config file within the BepInEx folder too and saved all changes. Logged in and receive "incompatible version". NOTE: I also updated my local client files for 0.9.6.