Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Upload Multiple Local Saves?

Ryan Tarter

Just setup dedicated server via SS.  I have two friends previously playing seperatly using two local servers.  The local world files are on each of my other friends' two computers.

We would like to upload both local server files together into the dedicated server I just created, so we can all play together with the progress/bases perviously made by each friend within the new dedicated server. 

My plan is to have each friend send me the zipped saved local files from their computers (per instructions from SS) and upload into the dedicated server I just created ("Local Save Upload") in the SS control panel.  Will this cause any problems? Or, is it better to pick only one of the friend's local files and upload to the dedicated server and all 3 of us just play from there?

I'm pretty sure you can only use one database file. From what I've read, you can take your character and their belongings from server to server, but you can not intertwine the game worlds and have to pick one to use. Unless there is some way that I'm unaware of to merge the database files.

I've also heard the worlds are procedurally generated and random. So idk how you think getting the bases and everything to transition would work if the world is randomized? E.g a base in one world could be sitting atop an ocean at the same coords in a different world.