Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Adding admins

Creeper

So i followed the steps given in another post on here.

Opened the Users.eco file

It only showed: 

{
    "MaxSlots": "10"
}

So i added the code i was told to look for under it like so:

{
    "MaxSlots": "10"
}
    "Admins": {
        "$id": "4",
        "System.String": {
            "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
            "$values": [
                 "76561198020218658",
                 "76561198093830148"
                       ]
                         }
              },

I added our steamID as you see. and then save and start the server back up. Each time i start it back up i have to recreate my character but then it says i still have no admin rights. When i take the above code and put it into a code checker i get back an error:

Parse error on line 3:
... "MaxSlots": "10"}"Admins": { "$id": ---------------------^
Expecting 'EOF', '}', ',', ']', got 'STRING'

I have the game on steam, so the steamID should work. Also tried using my game name which the wiki says can work as well. Still did not work. 

Second, where do i change the save interval for the whole server. I saw when i went to the storage folder i could change it there, but i assumed that was just for storage?

• 9 months later...

This is a good writeup for adding admins to your server, https://pingperfect.com/index.php/knowledgebase/108/Eco--Admin-Commands-How-to-admin.html. There should be more data in that Users.eco file than just the MaxSlots value, did you fire up the server and login to make sure it was running first (maybe the rest of the data didn't get populated properly).

My Users.eco file has a ton in it that I didn't touch other than the admin section.

To your example though, it should probably look something more like this:

{
    "MaxSlots": "10",

"Admins": {
        "$id": "4",
        "System.String": {
            "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
            "$values": [
                 "76561198020218658",
                 "76561198093830148"
              ]
           }

}
}

There is a backup setting in the control panel, but I think the one of the config files might have a setting for server save interval, I'm still new to this and haven't played with that yet. I usually just manually save from the ingame admin commands before restarting the server for something.