Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to edit map?

Hi, Easy way is to open arma editor in the map you are using as your server IE Napf - Cherno - etc and then place the building that you want and where you want save the file. Once saved you can then open in Notepad ++ and delete centre groups and unit from top of the file:

_this = createCenter west;

_center_0 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_0;

_unit_0 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = _group_0 createUnit ["BAF_Soldier_AA_W", [1497.2864, 8858.3926], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_unit_0 = _this;

_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;

if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};

if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};

};

and add this ( if (isServer) then { ) without the first and last bracket then at the bottom delete

processInitCommands;

runInitScript;

finishMissionInit;

then save as a custom name anything will do but remember what you call it (eg TBAGnSTUFF map1addon1) .sqf This file will need to go into your Server.pbo,

Open Server.pbo and make a new folder call amything you want I call mine buildings. and add the TBAGnSTUFF map1addon1.sqf file in there.

Then go into your Init folder and open up server_functions and at the very bottom add: [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\TBAGnSTUFF map1addon1.sqf";

You can also name each script so you know what it is as once you start getting 5-6 -7 it hard to remember which one is what so at the end of [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\TBAGnSTUFF map1addon1.sqf"; add a description //TBAGnSTUFF first map edit (or what ever you want to call it)

Any problems post back and i will try and help you

MegaZ

Hi, Easy way is to open arma editor in the map you are using as your server IE Napf - Cherno - etc and then place the building that you want and where you want save the file. Once saved you can then open in Notepad ++ and delete centre groups and unit from top of the file:

_this = createCenter west;

_center_0 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_0;

_unit_0 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = _group_0 createUnit ["BAF_Soldier_AA_W", [1497.2864, 8858.3926], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_unit_0 = _this;

_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;

if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};

if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};

};

and add this ( if (isServer) then { ) without the first and last bracket then at the bottom delete

processInitCommands;

runInitScript;

finishMissionInit;

then save as a custom name anything will do but remember what you call it (eg TBAGnSTUFF map1addon1) .sqf This file will need to go into your Server.pbo,

Open Server.pbo and make a new folder call amything you want I call mine buildings. and add the TBAGnSTUFF map1addon1.sqf file in there.

Then go into your Init folder and open up server_functions and at the very bottom add: [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\TBAGnSTUFF map1addon1.sqf";

You can also name each script so you know what it is as once you start getting 5-6 -7 it hard to remember which one is what so at the end of [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\TBAGnSTUFF map1addon1.sqf"; add a description //TBAGnSTUFF first map edit (or what ever you want to call it)

Any problems post back and i will try and help you

MegaZ

Thanks for the reply mega. I am having a little bit of confusion. I edited the map, and i saved the file it is a .sqf file. I am just confused on how to get my server to load it:(

Thanks for the reply mega. I am having a little bit of confusion. I edited the map, and i saved the file it is a .sqf file. I am just confused on how to get my server to load it:(

Hi Right so you have the sqf file which needs to be added to your Server.pbo

Download and Unpack the server .pbo and in side do you have a folder called buildings? if not make a empty folder and call it buildings (or any name you want) . Then add the .sqf file you made it to this folder. Once that is done open up your init folder and inside you will have a server_funtions.sqf - Open this and at the very bottom of the file add:

//Custom Map Additions (this is just to seperate any addons you make)

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\xxxxxxxxxx.sqf"; //Event Zone for Napf (this part is just so you know what it is)

replace XXXXXXXXXXXXX.sqf with the name you called your .sqf

Event Zone for Napf change to what you want to call it

once you have done this save the files and repack the .pbo and upload it and your additions will be in the map

Hi Right so you have the sqf file which needs to be added to your Server.pbo

Download and Unpack the server .pbo and in side do you have a folder called buildings? if not make a empty folder and call it buildings (or any name you want) . Then add the .sqf file you made it to this folder. Once that is done open up your init folder and inside you will have a server_funtions.sqf - Open this and at the very bottom of the file add:

//Custom Map Additions (this is just to seperate any addons you make)

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\xxxxxxxxxx.sqf"; //Event Zone for Napf (this part is just so you know what it is)

replace XXXXXXXXXXXXX.sqf with the name you called your .sqf

Event Zone for Napf change to what you want to call it

once you have done this save the files and repack the .pbo and upload it and your additions will be in the map