Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Map is black and doesnt reveal as i explore

hebajuba

i got a list of things to do from the support ticket i put in and i had messed up the image files that go in severgrid on the FTP. I cleared everything uploaded the files with the proper names using both in website upload tool and an FTP editor and they were both a bust. I went in and double checked the map files were right but it still didnt fix the map issue sadly.

I actually got my custom map to load unfortunately It loaded after i started over and had erased said custom map....I'm trying to do it again to see what I did that actually worked.

Yea my world is loading but my map looked just like your screenshot in op. I have mine fixed. I exported from the map grid editor (mine exported in proper .jpg they have to be jpg) I couldnt get it to work from the survival server control panel. Instead I went into FTP and manually put the proper report images into the server grid folder and it worked.

I started fresh and it was alot quicker skipping everything else I tried.

I started completely over. New custom map fresh install of grid editor clean export file. From there I made a new custom map, followed the directions for exporting. I then took those export image files and uploaded them to my server side server grid folder through my FTP. I then made the compressed folder with those same images in them and uploaded those and the server grid.jsom file through the control panel. Started the server and it all worked.

even support is having problems getting the map to work you must have been lucky lol. Ive tried 3 different maps using the editor guide videos followed them to the letter and still nothing but black maps im losing hope.

I had this problem before on a single server. I ended up having to download the ServerGrid.json and open it with the ServerGridEditor. Then I exported the maps, which there were two maps (CellImg_0-0.jpg and MapImg.jpg). Before uploading to the maps, I changed the CellImg_0-0.jpg to A1 Map - CellImg_0-0.jpg. I did not change the other file. Then I uploaded both maps into \ShooterGame\ServerGrid\. If you do not see ServerGrid under ShooterGame, created it before uploading. After that everything worked fine.

Hope that helps.