Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Question on how the map selection works

ravik

I'm considering renting a Atlas server before I do though I'm curious how the clusters work exactly. In regards how its all setup in relation to the full map. Say I rented 4 servers. Would I be able to seamlessly explore the whole map as long as my players are in no more then 4 different zones at the same time? Or do I need to specify how the servers are linked up and which parts of the map they belong to? If I do need to specify how easily can I switch it out as my players wish to explore more and more parts of the map?

After setting my 2x2 grid up last night I think  I can help answer some of this at least.  You specify one server as your Home Server.  That one will be where the main spawn point is and you probably want to make it a Freeport one so that you have access to the vendors etc.  Then each of the other servers you give a Grid point X,Y based on which map zone you want to add.  I stuck within the example that SurvivalServers put up on their Information tab for the AtlasID.   Then you create your own unique ID for your Atlas and label each server with that ID to tell them to link up.  Then restart all servers and it should work.

Keep in mind I did this using the Survival Server's control panel and it was fairly easy.  I know you can also handle it in the .json files and add your custom maps or other grids etc.  but I'm not experienced enough to risk that mess.