Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Another Dino Difficulty thread :(

Hello, just want to say thanks in advance for your help.

I'm trying to get the max level of dinos on my server to 90.  Here is what I have done so far:

-From the control panel, in the "modify server config" window, I left the Difficulty Offset to 0.

-Then I went to the very bottom of the "modify server config" window to the "gameusersettings.ini custom code" and entered in OverrideOfficialDifficulty=3.000000 into there.  

- I saved the configuration and simply reset the server.

After doing all this, I did not see any dinos above level 30.   I read around the forums that I also have to do a dino wipe but I have no idea how to do that.  I looked around the control panel for this but couldn't find it.  I'm also extremely worried that a dino wipe would wipe our pre-existing tamed dinos as well.  Can someone help me figure this out?  Thanks!

Hello, just want to say thanks in advance for your help.

I'm trying to get the max level of dinos on my server to 90.  Here is what I have done so far:

-From the control panel, in the "modify server config" window, I left the Difficulty Offset to 0.

-Then I went to the very bottom of the "modify server config" window to the "gameusersettings.ini custom code" and entered in OverrideOfficialDifficulty=3.000000 into there.  

- I saved the configuration and simply reset the server.

After doing all this, I did not see any dinos above level 30.   I read around the forums that I also have to do a dino wipe but I have no idea how to do that.  I looked around the control panel for this but couldn't find it.  I'm also extremely worried that a dino wipe would wipe our pre-existing tamed dinos as well.  Can someone help me figure this out?  Thanks!

use command "admincheat DestroyWildDinos"

Cool, Did I have the rest of my settings correct for this wipe to work?  Thanks.

If you are just changing settings from the ingame settings list, you can not increase the difficulty passed 1. You need to edit the ini file for your saved game and add a line to override the default difficulty. The default location for your saved game ini is here:
Programs Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor

You will see a bunch of files inside. The one you want is GameUserSettings. Open it in Notepad and scroll down until you find [serverSettings]. Under that you will see DifficultyOffset=1.00000. Leave that alone but just under it make a new entry OverrideOfficialDifficulty=#, so it looks like this:
[serverSettings]
DifficultyOffset=1.000000
OverrideOfficialDifficulty=10

Now thats a copy paste of my settings. I have the Override set to 10 so I get lvl 300 max wild Dinos. If you want higher here is a simple list for values:
1 = lvl 150
10 = lvl 300
20 = lvl 600
And so on.

You can set it to as high as you like. I think there is a max value but I havent heard what it is specifically. But I have seen up to lvl 1200 wild dinos with just modifying this setting. And like what someone said above you will need to use the destroywilddinos once you have loaded in to kill off all the old dinos that used the lower setting to spawn.