Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Difficulty 6.0 question

Hey everyone, so I need a little guidance on something.

I currently have the Difficulty 6+ Mod on my server which I use to achieve the following 3 things:

1) Cap Survivor lvl at 120

2) Cap Tamed Dino lvl at 150 (i.e. you can lvl dinos 150 times after tamed)

3) Wild Dinos spawn upto lvl 180

Since Patch v257 with the change in survivor levels and the ascension it appears to have broken all the Difficulty + Mods as when my survivors reset to lvl 1 they were able to level back up well beyond lvl 120, some are upto lvl 170. This I don't really want, and the Mod author I don't think will fix all his Mods.

So i've decided to see if I can manually make the changes to get the way it was before and remove the Mod.

I think I know what I need to do, but I need to make sure before I do it.

1) Cap survivor lvl at 120

The image below is of my control panel. Currently this list goes upto lvl 94, not sure why it's not upto 100 or the previous 105. Anyway, am I correct in thinking that if I add the levels 95 - 120 in there and assign them a required XP and set engram points that my Survivors will then be able to level up to 120 and no further?

If this is correct then does anyone know if setting it at 120 will mean 105 is the cap pre-ascension and 120 is cap post-ascension?

post-5138-0-63850700-1494317886_thumb.png

2) Cap tamed dino lvl at 150

This is very similar to the first one. There is a dino level option, therefore if I add all the levels and XP required upto level 150 does this mean I can level up my tames 150 times then it will cap?

Assuming those 2 things are correct, then it leaves me with only one setting left, and that is the wild dino spawns.

3) Wild dinos spawn upto level 180

post-5138-0-15684800-1494318136_thumb.png

The above image is what my difficulty offset is set to.

What do I need to do with this, or the INI files in order to get wild dinos spawning at lvl 180?

I saw this in another thread:

First, make sure you have [server Settings] in your GameUserSettings.ini file. Then underneath that either create or change DifficultyOffset=1.000000 to 5.000000 or whatever you wish. Then underneath that either create or change OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 or whatever you wish.

Would I need to make sure that DifficultyOffset is set to 6.0 and add the OverrideOfficialDifficulty=6.0?

This is the bit i'm really not sure about.

Any help would be appreciated.

leave difficultyOffset=1.000000 and switch

overrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 or 6,7,8,9,10 etc. what ever difficulty you want im currently running 9.0

and yes the 120 is post ascension and so 105 pre

difficulty offset and override will make wild dinos at 180