Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Issues with game.ini

HeRow

So I have an issue with my game.ini file... Whenever I edit it using a FTP client, I save it and restart the server using the RESTART button it works just fine. But as soon as I make any changes in the "Modify Server Config" section and save those settings the game.ini file gets rid of the lines I added using the FTP client. How do I get it to stay and keep these changes? I have a mod installed called drops for colorblind or something and it allows me to change the items inside of it using the game.ini file, but if it keeps reverting after using modify server config I cant rly use that mod... any ideas?

Once you use the "wizard" it overwrites the game.ini . It states that warning right on the page.

Basically only use the wizard once. After that only use FTP and modify the .ini files from that point forward. This I've learned.

I've always had my game.ini and gameusersettings.ini saved on my computer, when ever i make changes to the server trough the config thingy on the website and save it and restart the game server, I stop the server after it has restarted and updated, and go trough ftp, upload my own game.ini and gameusersettings.ini and start the server.

Humminah is correct.

From personal experience, once you start modifying the game.ini and gameusersettings.ini via FTP, you can pretty much completely stop using the control panel features for those. 

If you have things set up the way you want through the control panel though, and are looking to start doing FTP edits, I'd suggest letting the server do a "save settings and restart" from the control panel, let it load fully, and then grab the game.ini and gameusersettings.ini files via FTP. Save these to your local PC and keep them as backups. Then start modifying with those.

Forever after, any time you want to change a setting you simply modify your backup version of the files, shutdown the server, upload (and overwrite) them to the server, and then start the server up. You'll never want to go into the modify screens for those from the control panel and "save settings and restart" ever again, or you'll end up back at square one.

Thats a bummer... could they add a section where u get to add lines to game.ini like they did for usergamesettings.ini?

Yea we need this as this would pretty much make the configuration of the servers lightning fast.