Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Switch to scorched map but keep my servers island save

mikeskey

This may have been covered already but I missed it if it was. I am looking to switch to the Scorched Earth map but keep our progress on the Island map. How would I go about doing that? Please keep in mind this is my first time running a server and a detailed explanation would be most appreciated. Also we are not looking to transfer over our characters levels or anything, just wanting to start fresh on a different map, not sure if that makes a difference.

This can be done via an FTP client (Like Filezilla) The credentials to get into your server with this are on your control panel webpage, under "FTP Details". *SHUT DOWN your server before copying these files to your desktop!*

Input the info into the correct fields in Filezilla, connect to your server, then navigate just like on a normal computer to /ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArk##### and simply drag and drop (or right click and say download) TheIsland.ark to your computer, along with any and all of the ###.arktribe and #########.arkprofile files in there. These are your tribes and players characters, respectively.

That is the barebones version of saving your map and tribes/characters.

If you want the super easy version (that takes a lot longer to download and a lot more diskspace), simply copy the "Saved" folder under /ShooterGame/ to your desktop. This includes all of your configuration files as well as all of the backups the server has made of your map and players/tribes. 

Once this is on your desktop, you can safely delete the SavedArk##### folder from your server in the FTP window. Switch the map on your control panel webpage to "ScorchedEarth" or whichever you like, and then click "save and restart" at the bottom.

When you want to boot your server up with this map/characters again, simply shut it down, back up whatever you currently have in your Saved folder, and then replace it with your Island version of the Saved folder.

I think that fully covers it, but that's just off the top of my head so let me know if you run into any issues.

If you want to save server settings if you are just grabbing your games progress and not downloading the entire directory.

You will want to also download game.ini, and gameusersettings.ini

Located: /ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer

AND

if you did custom painting, grab this folder: ServerPaintingsCache

Located: /ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArkxxxxxx

Wonderful! Thank you both very much for your help. Being a noob at this it's really nice to see a community with such helpful members, I'm not used to this kind of assistance with many other games these days. Thanks again, Greatly Appreciated :D

No problem. I was noob to ARK like 6 months ago, but only then a friend hosted. Since I've came to SS I had to learn on my own just like you.

Yes, it's nice to have folks to help out with. :)