Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Forced new character creation upon death. NOT Hardcore server.....

mikeskey

Ok folks I will freely admit I am a complete noob at this whole dedicated server stuff as this ARK server is my very first ever attempt. Everything is set up and working beautifully with one exception and I am not sure if its an error of mine or of the initial server setup.

Everytime someone dies they are forced to create a new character and are not given a respawn at bed or random location option and in the character creation screen there is no recreate lost character or whatever that option used to read therefore on every death is a fresh start.  

This is NOT a hardcore server, I made sure multiple times that option is turned off and this is also NOT a pvp server so I am wondering is there something else causing this or something I may have missed somewhere and I am looking for suggestions on how to possibly fix it.

I have already put a ticket in but as I said being my first server I don't know how much if anything they will do to help fix it.

ark_zpspniz1gm5.png

Down at the bottom right area, an orange box server config files, go then then click base config and scroll down till you see the hardcore tab, ensure this is unchecked, i am going to assume you have not added any lines to the ini files.once you have unchecked that go to the bottom save config and restart.

But yet now I see looking at those screenshots I linked it says hardcore is set to true....how would I fix that if the online config is unchecked but the .ini is saying true

You will need a ftp editor, i use filezilla  https://filezilla-project.org/ download that and put your FTP login details into it, then go to shootergame- saved - config - windowserver- gameini rightclick on gameini and view edit, that will open the file then find hardcore setting and change value to false close it and it will auto save, 

ensure your server is stopped first then restart using the green bar at the bottom

Wonderful! Thank you very much for your help! Now that I know a little bit about what I'm doing I feel dangerous lol.

Lol, just be careful with what u edit, there are loads of tutorial videos available to explain what you can do and what you should never do. it is always a good idea to save a copy of your ark data file in case it all goes wrong.

Good Luck m8

Ok, before I edit anything else I'll go watch some videos and make sure I know what not to mess with before i attempt anything else. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.