Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Floating Damage Value

standupguy

I saw another thread that touched on this subject slightly. I just wanted to make sure though, is the only way to enable the floating damage numbers through the custom map launch param's or is there some check box i can click to have them turn on. I only ask because on some of the other server sites I've used in the past there have been "enable floating damage text" boxes in the advanced launch param's when not using custom. 

Do you have to be the server owner to access the ini's...ive entered the user and pass found under the FTP Details portion multiple times and still can't get in. I'm not the owner but have full admin rights so i don't feel like that should be an issue but I'm not sure.

the line can to be added manually to the gameusersettings.ini file

request for this to be added in the "normal" config page has been made many times already

if the credentials are visible then you should be able to use it with any decent ftp client

the notion "can't get in" is not helpfull one bit by the way

the only thing i can think of.. the buttons you mention will only show the files, not edit them in any way shape or form

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I've since bought my own server and can view the ini files, i'm guessing like it was mentioned above i just didn't have "full" admin rights.  Anyway, let me rephrase the question; Is there any way to edit the server ini files or do i add the damage text line to the "Custom .ini Code" subcategory when modifying the server config.