Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Full Server Name Customization of Server.cfg via Text Editor

Hello everyone,

I recently Rent a DayZ private hive Server here at SS.

I have another Server at zap-hosting, which has better hive Tools but they got Hacked and so my Server there Wasnt Available for several days and the Server Name was horrrible Since zap-Hosting was putting "zap priv" in Front of every Server Name. So i decided To Rent a ss-server.

I Really like the automated setup but im looking forward To Advanced and optimized hive Tools and probably a userfriendly backend. Im a webdesigner so I could come up with some Design opzimizations if you like.

SOOOOOO anyway. The Real Question of this Topic is: am i able To Change the Server Name To whatever i like? I have de-branding but whenever i try To change it the change does not apply. I change it Like this: Stop Server->configuration Files->

Server.cfg-> Text Editor-> Change Server

Name. After saving the Server Name is still the Same. Any Changes made via configeditor do apply.

Any idea? My ss-Server was not Able

To Start yesterday. Could've that been the reason?

Im Posting from my mobile phone, so capitilazation is fucked up, Sorry for That.

I wont Write a Support Ticket, since ss has Loads of them right now.

Maybe you guys have an idea!

Mitsu

Hello everyone,

I recently Rent a DayZ private hive Server here at SS.

I have another Server at zap-hosting, which has better hive Tools but they got Hacked and so my Server there Wasnt Available for several days and the Server Name was horrrible Since zap-Hosting was putting "zap priv" in Front of every Server Name. So i decided To Rent a ss-server.

I Really like the automated setup but im looking forward To Advanced and optimized hive Tools and probably a userfriendly backend. Im a webdesigner so I could come up with some Design opzimizations if you like.

SOOOOOO anyway. The Real Question of this Topic is: am i able To Change the Server Name To whatever i like? I have de-branding but whenever i try To change it the change does not apply. I change it Like this: Stop Server->configuration Files->

Server.cfg-> Text Editor-> Change Server

Name. After saving the Server Name is still the Same. Any Changes made via configeditor do apply.

Any idea? My ss-Server was not Able

To Start yesterday. Could've that been the reason?

Im Posting from my mobile phone, so capitilazation is fucked up, Sorry for That.

I wont Write a Support Ticket, since ss has Loads of them right now.

Maybe you guys have an idea!

Mitsu

You can customize your server via the text editor, but you still need to follow some guidelines.

---

DayZ Commander needs you to follow a certain criteria in order for it to be compatible.

An example:

"Your Name" | "Mod" [Time Zone] |CustomMod1|CustomMod2|(ModVersion/ArmaVersion) [Difficulty 3P:On NT:On] - "HostedBy"

Required Information

- Host Name

- Mod Type

- Mod Version / Arma Version

- Time Zone*

- Difficulty Section etc*

* = I am not too entirely sure if these are required, yet is recommended to have.

If you don't entail these bits of information somewhere in your name, it will be grayed out on DayZ Commander. As you can imagine, grayed out names aren't very welcoming to players.

You can customize your server via the text editor, but you still need to follow some guidelines.

---

DayZ Commander needs you to follow a certain criteria in order for it to be compatible.

An example:

"Your Name" | "Mod" [Time Zone] |CustomMod1|CustomMod2|(ModVersion/ArmaVersion) [Difficulty 3P:On NT:On] - "HostedBy"

Required Information

- Host Name

- Mod Type

- Mod Version / Arma Version

- Time Zone*

- Difficulty Section etc*

* = I am not too entirely sure if these are required, yet is recommended to have.

If you don't entail these bits of information somewhere in your name, it will be grayed out on DayZ Commander. As you can imagine, grayed out names aren't very welcoming to players.