Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Buildings and Vehicles

I have submitted a ticket as well, to see what they can do for me. But, my issue is as follows...

I attempted to create a custom little base, I was calling it a trading post. Using phpmyadmin I was importing structures, (MediumTentCamp_napa, radar_site_us1, smallbase, vehicle_park_us1, and a few others) and I went on creating them as normal, nothing out of the ordinary, just importing new buildings.

So I finished adding all of the buildings, so I went to import some new urals. The urals I attempted to import via the map tool were the UralRepair_CDF, WarfareSupplyTruck_CDF, WarfareSalvageTruck_USMC, UralReammo_CDF, and some others which the names I can't remember.

I then stopped my server, clicked run task through the DayZTools, and noticed that not a single one of my vehicles was shown as added into the map. So I clicked on run task again, to notice, once again, none of them were there. I decided to start up the server and see what was there, and I logged in to find of my attempted trading post, the guard tower, the concrete barrier, and the barbed wire were the only things to spawn in.

I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong, and it just has me in a crappy mood because I was working for a while on this :cry:

Anyway, can someone tell me what the deal is, or if someone hit a similar roadblock, can you tell me what you did to get around this?

EDIT: This is on Chernarus map, dayz private hive. I have AI's, towing, and autorefuel,for what it matters.

I suggest using 2d/3d Editor through arma2oa..

Those vehicles won't spawn (Idk if they would work even if you had them unbanned using the community asset mod, in mod manager, but certainly worth a try.)

We've had no problems with buildings a base.

I would also suggest that when you are using the 2d/3d editor that the buildings appear, if they do not then they probably won't spawn, a few tips are not letting the buildings touch, especially for some of them, they will go up into the air or spawn further then where they are support to be...

After that, save your mission file, user/multi, and then use those coords.

You must put the type of building in the "building" table, before you put them in the instance_building.

I would suggest using the 2d/3d editor in-game as well. It's much easier and faster. As far as I know, you can only add buildings and not vehicles with the editor. I would add your buildings using the editor then pop in vehicles using the DayZTools Control Panel.