Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Picking up too much stone

yngwie111

Anyone have a clue as to what might be causing too much stone gathering by hand? I have tried turning off all the mods and I still get 2 stone (at 1x gather) and 7 stone (at 3.5x gather which is our default). I'm not sure what other setting within the server files might be multiplying this by 2, and thought someone here might have a clue. Every other resource seems to be fine and unaffected. On the same note, might the harvestable items override (on the very bottom of the config with the campfire, cloth gear, etc) have anything to do with this? What does that section do exactly anyway?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

I don't think those numbers are all that off.......are you not trying to harvest stone or want more of something else?

Stone Hatchet will give more Stone, some Flint, very little Metal

Stone Pickaxe will give more Flint, some Stone, more Metal than hatchet, but still not tons.

Metal Hatchet gives same as above, but higher chance for Metal

Metal Pickaxe same, but even higher chance for Metal.

Things you might have already known, but putting it out there anyway.

Havn't messed with Harvestable Items Multiplier, but might be just as it sounds - give lower/higher chance to loot particular item.  Maybe beacon loot?

I don't think those numbers are all that off.......are you not trying to harvest stone or want more of something else?

Stone Hatchet will give more Stone, some Flint, very little Metal

Stone Pickaxe will give more Flint, some Stone, more Metal than hatchet, but still not tons.

Metal Hatchet gives same as above, but higher chance for Metal

Metal Pickaxe same, but even higher chance for Metal.

Things you might have already known, but putting it out there anyway.

Havn't messed with Harvestable Items Multiplier, but might be just as it sounds - give lower/higher chance to loot particular item.  Maybe beacon loot?

Ah, beacon loot, good call. That's more than likely what those numbers are for.

As for the main question at hand, usually when harvesting is on 1x (vanilla) I only pick up 1 stone when I press E. But as of the moment, even with harvesting at 1x, i get 2 stone per E. Every other resource is fine and remains at 1x.

Basically my problem lies in the fact that there is some sort of hidden/unknown 2x multiplier somewhere--*specifically* just for picking up stone by hand (pressing E), which stacks multiplicatively with our 3.5x gather rate. Thus, gathering stone from boulders is 3.5x, but picking it up from the ground is 7x.

TL;DR, stone pick up rate is getting doubled while everything else is normal--would like everything to be normal.

Thanks!

No individual way to change that unfortunately (that I know of).  Just gotta stick with the OP pickup :P

Perhaps can check in the game.ini instead.  Wonder if it's a different stat or just lumped into harvesting as a whole.

No individual way to change that unfortunately (that I know of).  Just gotta stick with the OP pickup :P

Perhaps can check in the game.ini instead.  Wonder if it's a different stat or just lumped into harvesting as a whole.

It's just so odd because it was fine before. I'll keep digging around. Appreciate your help very much anyhow!

Figured it out, in case anybody else ever runs into the same situation.

I had my harvest health multiplier at 0.5, so it seems that this lower value somehow multiplied the harvest rate for grabbing things on the ground (such as stone, and I would guess pearls as well; berries seemed unaffected). Changed it back to 1 and all is well.

My intentions were to get more from a node but lessen its hp and lengthen the node respawn time a tad so players were forced to venture farther out from the safety of their base to get more resources. The settings I used worked well on a previous host so maybe its all in what software the server hosts use or something out of the scope of my knowledge.

Long story short, a resource health multiplier below 1 multiplied the resource gathering rate for stone pebbles. Worked fine like it was supposed to on nodes that you mine, just not the pebbles you pick up.