Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to alter settings without wiping server

Dedline

You don't have to wipe the server for those changes.  Go into the Control Panel (you should've been emailed a link).

Look for the big Orange button that says Modify Server Config.  All of the little details and changes can be done in there.  Be careful of some settings though, as it can be confusing on which ones to lower or raise depending on what you want to do.

For instance, Day/Night cycle - if you want a longer Day, but Shorter Night, the number there is for speed.  You want to slow down the day, so make it lower than 1, and make the Night number a bit higher to make it faster.

Gathering is on there too under Harvest Amount Multiplier.  Since it's a "Multiplier", the higher number, the more you get.

Server Name I think is the Hosted By section, which is a few fields above the big Modify Server Config button.

I suggest hitting Stop on the server, then making changes, and once you're done in the Config, there's another big button at the way bottom so scroll down until you see Save Config & Restart.  Also wouldn't hurt to do a save beforehand too.

• 4 weeks later...

Chrome that is a great explanation but for a bit more elaboration, is there a small guide that shows what all the values mean and tutorials on how to change them as far as what they do?.. i am really new to this and would like to break as few eggs as possible if possible. 

I don't know of a full guide.  Any settings that seemed fishy, I just searched for the exact term and pretty much every time I was able to find some definitive info on a wiki or steam forums.