Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Password Settings

derv_

Hey all,

• I had set a password when I initially set up the server.
  • Users were able to just join without having to type in a password with the direct IP connect.
  • Users logging back into the server today were kicked back to the main menu with a screen saying "no password entered"
  • I had to disable the password for users to be able to rejoin
  • I'm now having to monitor and kick random joining players by hand, I have no idea how they are even joining since the server doesn't show up in the browser?

How can I get the direct IP connect to just "work" again while still having the password set up?

Thanks!

Yeah me and my players have been unable to play because we cannot input the password nor find it in the community or recent servers. My CPanel also says Outdated Server Version no matter what I do. At this point direct connect doesn't work.

For us, removing the password and setting server update to Run, yes update/auto validate at least got the server online, albeit without password protection..

My understanding is that there are some issues with the steam cmd thingy and how it's reading the input of passwords and whatnot. There is a mention in faq's about this, but I'm not sure if the password is part of that. Make sure you read through the faq's and SS is always very good about making update posts when game wide issues have been addressed.

Work around:

1) Select Community Servers

2) Select a locked server

3) Enter your server's password

4) Click No to join

5) Enter your server's direct connect ip/port and click Connect