Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Modify Skins

Look into rmod or do a lot of research into coding and changing arma. There are endless possibilities as you can see from the EPOCH mod and other version of dayz that have been released. Just need to have the knowledge. I am been spending countless hours researching and changing items. Not easy and still haven't go to where I want to be yet.

LOL I can testify to the "endless hours". Most of the guides assume you are at least proficient in scripting and whatnot so if your not be ready for a headache trying to figure stuff out.

But its totally worth it when you hear your player base cheering for the new changes you made or grateful for something you fixed.

Admining a server is tough and usually thankless but if your good at it its totally worth it.

• 1 month later...

For those who are interested in changing the accepted skins on your server..

You would need to force your clients to install your custom mod, otherwise they wouldn't be able to connect.

i.e - Rmod

Look for KFH-bi_angel_girl's post below on details pertaining to Rmod issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd throw this out there...rMod and rMod 2.1 actually don't have to be manually installed/uninstalled every time you want to switch between Vanilla and rMod servers when you use Day Commander. Just requires the removal of one line from the launch parameters in settings of Day Commander.

But yes, quite a few players do not go the rMod/rMod2.1 route because they don't want to mess with it.

Well, DayZ runs off arma2oa, so therefor you have the skins, its just DayZ won't LET you have those skins because of its coding, though there is a way to change this.

When you login, DayZ checks for your "mode" if it is not a registered model in the player login.sqf it will automatically change you to survivor2_dz.

Look into fred's wardrobe and you'll find your answers...

However modifying the skins using a tool will require a download most likely, or a server that allows upload/download. (People with custom faces).