Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Cant turn off Alphas!

Can someone please tell me how to turn off Alpha dinos? I have opened all the edditiable files and looked for "NPC Replacement" and nothing comes up. I loaded into the server and had 3 alpha raptors ripping apart my base and had killed all my dinos... and my base is on the coast!

You should be able to mess with the spawn rates with 

DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=MegaRex,SpawnWeightMultiplier=0.1,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=true,SpawnLimitPercentage=0.01)

Altho i cannot comfirm if the MegaRex is the right DinoNameTag as it's pretty hard to find reliable information about those atm. Just make their SpawnWeightMultiplier 0.

The other DinoNameTag's should be MegaCarno and MegaRaptor.

These go in the Game.ini under [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] in the /ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer

Source for the DinoSpawnWeightMultiplier http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/530646715633129364/

I was told that addding:

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaCarno_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRex_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")

would remove the Alphas. I mean I can go in and manualy do cheat DestroyAll MegaXXX_Character_BP_C and it will destory them but that takes time.

Also I tried setting up ARKon to run the cheat DestroyAll blah blah blah but when it sends the command to the server it comes back saying the command was sent but there as no reply from the server.

I've also tried to use the destroy all command with the same responce, but when i logged on most Alpha's were gone, so i suppose it was succesfull. Yeah, the replacement works to remove them. Only saw it later on, just keep in mind that you need to use those in the game.ini and not the gameusersettings.ini. I've shown you an example in the other thread.

The ini settings i've shown you just makes them pretty rare spawns, hardly saw one with 0.01, i even increased it up to 0.1 spawnpercentagelimit and only saw 1 so far. But more testing is required.