Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Unexpected daily server reboot for IP 209.222.91.34 @ 23:00

Greetings,

Every night for the past three nights the server hosting game servers using the 209.222.91.34 IP address has shut down and I assume rebooted at 23:00 EST.

The first night I thought what the hell. (lost an Mi17)

The second night I looked and it wasn't just my server.

And tonight once again the same servers were down again.

I have never noticed this issue before.

Is somebodys server doing something that's affecting the rest of the box?

Or is this server simply restarting once a day now?

I guess I'll have to add some warnings for this restart to my schedule text if thats the case.

Is this an Arma 3 server or an Arma 2 Dayz server? I would suggest making a support ticket as well so the tech team will also be in on the issue.

I actually know what this probably is. The admin "Dayztools" that come with your server has a tool that runs at that time. Its handles cleaning up bodies and deployables like tank traps. As well as when cars will be spawned in. Double check your BE scheduler to see if there is something in there that would account for it. Mine is disabled but i cant remember how i did it lol. Wish we had more control over it but meh not to much hassle once you figure it out. I just run it when i need to lol.

Hopefully this is your issue and you can fix it easily.

Btw

<---Not an SS admin, just a server admin lol.

I actually know what this probably is. The admin "Dayztools" that come with your server has a tool that runs at that time.

Did anyone here read my post.

It's not A GAME SERVER that reboots.

It's the BOX that hosts the game servers running on IP 209.222.91.34 that reboots @ 23:00.

ALL the Dayz servers I see on that IP are rebooting @ 23:00 now.

+ My Dayztools are set to run at 13:00...

Hey BigEdMan, that is incorrect.

I have just verified that there are no restarts on this dedicated server.

Example: My customer Luis has not even restarted his server in 15 days. It's been online since 3/3/2013 3:11:33 PM

We also use multiple IP addresses on your server, so there is no way you could know if the servers on that IP are also shutting down.

I'll look into your issue and see if I find anything out of the ordinary.

• 2 weeks later...