Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server issues with tempfix

So after hours of waiting for my server to list in steam it showed up. jump in and had about 30ish people inside just to test a small load. every thing was working fine and started dancing for joy. after just under 3 hours of uptime the server crashed and would not relist under steam. did a force update to see if that was the issue but nothing. was watching the control pannel and noticed people was able to join the server while i still could not see it. doing some digging i found that if you set ark to auto join a server you will be able to connect just fine. work around is as follows simply go into the game properties by right clicking on ark in your library.click Start Options and add this command to it then start the game. change the ip to your server inless you want to join mines ;)
ShooterGame.exe +connect 192.99.20.220:19215

now as this is just a tempt fix just to be able to connect its doing its job. i just hope that SS will be able to fix the issue with not listing on steam which would fix most of the problems i am seeing on twitter and here.

If you would want to add the password, what would you add to the Launch parameters?

I had a pass on mine and it seems to launch without entering it, buuut now my server stopped for some reason and wont start at all to test it again lol...

Add the password to the end if I remember correct. About 5 minutes after the post my server relisted on steams browser. Did notice right before the crash the server was rubberbanding hard. Had same listing issues with other host when dayz came out so this seems like normal. Just going to give it a few days to see what happens.

is there a way to tell what patch your server is running? ive updated the server a good 5 times and its still showing v160.7 in steam. no one can connect to it and its getting kinda annoying.