Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

HELP! I have no idea how to make oxide work

Cookiewoman

Hello,

so I'm basically a noob at all of this and it's the first time I rented a server. I have a discord group waiting for me to set the server up, but I can't figure out how to install the whitelist plugin. I know that I had to select oxide in the control panel, but how does that FTP thing work and what even is that? I don't have any oxide file on my computer rn other then one, that I installed from the oxide homepage and I kinda feel like that was wrong? I already contacted support and they told me to ask in here. Can someone please help me? I'm desperate

2 hours ago, Cookiewoman said:

Hello,

so I'm basically a noob at all of this and it's the first time I rented a server. I have a discord group waiting for me to set the server up, but I can't figure out how to install the whitelist plugin. I know that I had to select oxide in the control panel, but how does that FTP thing work and what even is that? I don't have any oxide file on my computer rn other then one, that I installed from the oxide homepage and I kinda feel like that was wrong? I already contacted support and they told me to ask in here. Can someone please help me? I'm desperate

You pick oxide from the mod drop down menu on the control panel then click the save settings and restart game server button at the bottom of the control panel.  Your server will load all of the files and folders needed for oxide then you upload the plugins you want to use to the plugins folder.  You will need to do some permission settings in oxide but this will get you started with getting oxide files on the server.

36 minutes ago, Cookiewoman said:

Hey hey, how do I do these permission setting in oxide? I figured out the FTP Stuff, but I can't edit files, when I try to install plugins

For most plugins you edit the oxide/config/.json file associated with the plugin.  After you make a change do oxide.reload plugin name in console.

Permissions are usually listed on the plugins page if any are required.  Here is a link to using permissions.

https://oxidemod.org/threads/using-the-oxide-permission-system.24291/