Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Seamless Cluster Transfers

Venatorn

Hello guys, I am relatively new to using private server hosting and have a question/problem. I would like to make cluster transfers as seamless as possible sortof like changing maps on other games. I have 2 servers clustered together and would like to set it up to use one as a main server that hardly ever changes, and the other to be a rotator map. I would like to make it so that when you transfer, all items, dinos, player stuff can be grabbed near instantly (I know there will be some limitations due to server shinanigans). Is there a way to do this?

Not really, best way I have found to do it so far is to go into creative mode and set up transmitter hubs each having a tek transmitter, teleporter, a cryofridge for everyone to recharge cryopods, and ofcourse a tek generator with about 10 years worth of element.

Items will actually transfer with you when you move maps, but for dinos, put whichever you want to take with you in a cryo and move them over instead of upload.

Only issue I am running into is giving everyone the tekgram for the transmitter, the givetekgramto cheat doesn't seem to work for me, luckily everyone on my server has been gaming together for 6+ years and I can trust them with enabling cheats long enough to get the tekgram.

The only way to cluster is via Obelisk transfer after linking game servers together using the Cluster Code.

There might be some mods available to allow players to quickly teleport to an Obelisk to initiate a transfer but other than that it's not the way the game is "intended" (for better or for worse)