Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

New Update 0.1.4

denimdan

Same, I think Survival Servers Staff is working on it since control panel start, stop, restart is disabled (for me it is)

EDIT: FTP is down for me as well

GAME SERVER ID #113912

There appears to be an issue with the control panel not registering servers as "Started" once you click on the start button. This has lead to many double booted servers. We are aware of the issue and are working tor resolve it. I will post an update when I have one. That being said it is possible that your server is online, its just that its not being reported to the control panel. Try using your IP and Game Port and direct connecting to the server.

We identified the issue as the devs changing the name of the exe causing old exe to stay running and new ones to spin up with no control causing lots of issues.

It's fixed and we are just testing before we unlock game servers.

38 minutes ago, Aapa Sauce said:

3rd time checking clean save folder box then save restart still "connection to host lost"

Fixed, please for future support create a support ticket. Your issue was a corrupted server file.

Why would it be every 4 hours? That makes no sense. Maybe every update, sure.

What you guys need to realize is this is closed alpha. It's not a final release and our panel will get better over time.

The feedback is appreciated.

Before update for some reason it would only work after it crashed i would have to force update and validate which you could only do with green button. Either way, you are right. Closed alpha is what it is.

Is there a way to add something so at least us server admins have a permanent save and dont have to re put it in every time? I appreciate what you do and how much you all have been on top of it, but at the price I dont see any benefit if we cant even stay admins of our own server and have to reupload every time. When the server crashed, the file is wiped and brought back to default. And crashes are at about ever 30 minutes. If we have to just keep inputting us just as admins then there is no point to have a server. 

Thank you for the hard work your crew put in, but I will say thr lack of initial communication and/or information as to proper protocol to updating our servers was horrendous and ill fated from the start, I feel. It was nothing but pretty lumpy stuff and brain damage to have my server down overnight when all I literally did was use the functions present in the current control panel. You (as well as I) know this game is going to be constantly updated in this early closed alpha stage and it is imperative that your customers are provided with the proper information in advance on updating servers, etc.  Thank you for your time.

I guess what I am suggesting is how you have the steam ID auto inputting into the game.ini stock file I would replicate and put steam into the stock file for each server as super admin.

I found a way to fix the issue Ryan and everyone with the super admin not staying persistent. This needs to be your script and it will stay persistent. BUT you have to edit it in the control panel under "advanced configs" and your game.ini, open and put this with your steam ID at the bottom ("x" standing in for your other info) then yellow save button in that same sub-menu. Has stayed for about 5 restarts so far.

[/Script/DeadMatter.DMGameSession]
x
x
x
SuperAdmins=DONOTREMOVE
SuperAdmins=76561198364624266

4 hours ago, WastelandMafia said:

Thank you for the hard work your crew put in, but I will say thr lack of initial communication and/or information as to proper protocol to updating our servers was horrendous and ill fated from the start, I feel. It was nothing but pretty lumpy stuff and brain damage to have my server down overnight when all I literally did was use the functions present in the current control panel. You (as well as I) know this game is going to be constantly updated in this early closed alpha stage and it is imperative that your customers are provided with the proper information in advance on updating servers, etc.  Thank you for your time.

Some of you really should not be renting ALPHA game servers.

Your server was down over night because the devs literally changed the ENTIRE GAME to another exe. We don't live and breathe 24/7 Dead Matter. We have lives and we work normal shifts. This ALPHA game will take time to perfect and might include downtime while things change. We've communicated everything here on the forums, in the pinned messages on the game server panel, and on our Twitter in lots of cases. Geez.

Some of you guys' response really are straight up depressing and discouraging. We are doing our best.

We made some progress on the Connection to Host lost issue and believe we found a permanent fix (it required modifying some internal files which is now done automatically on start/restart/update)

Man this update was a messy one..