Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Moving from S+ to Super Structures - How to / Tips?

Chris Berry

Recently I've decided to move from S+ to Super Structures (S+ is a popular quality of life mod that unfortunately will no longer be supported by its dev; SS is its working successor).

I tried just changing the mod ID in the control panel, and "save setting and restart game server" but this resulted in a permanently stopped server. I re-added S+ to the mods list and rolled the server back to a backup, and that sorted itself out, but I'd still like to move to Super Structuers.

Has anyone done this who'd be willing to walk me through what you did, or should I just submit a support ticket to look into the issue?

Okay, I seem to have figured this out. Here's what worked:

• Stop the server
  • Save the world locally (optional, but I'm a stickler for this - you can rely on Survival Server's backup system, too)
  • Adjust the mod id's on the control panel
  • Adjust the ini files to remove anything that won't work anymore and add optimizations you would like to see
  • Select "Clean Mods Folder" from the one-time options
  • Start the server back up