Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server stuck in update loop for few hours...

Active task is running Your game server is currently working on task "start" which started 07/17/2020 19:05:15 PST. Control panel functionality will be limited until this task is completed. 

Any ideas how to atleast restart the server? It bugged a little. It says server is live but it's not and it still has task note. Can't do anything coz panel is locked and I scheduled start of my server today for the community lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had this same issue for the last three updates I have started.  Sadly also because they do not respond to tickets very fast; the server I run is offline for 4ish hours.

Additionally as a side issue the update process is a bit buggy under Rust also.  I have had several ticket exchanges with them and nothing has ever been done to fix it.

For example; when I first joined I was told that to get Oxide updated you simply change setting Mod to no mod and run update; then stop and restart with Mod to Oxide.... this has not worked every time... it is sketchy and sporadic.  Later i was told to delete some directories on the server which would force the Oxide to update; then again later they told me something else and sadly I cant recall it..... either way I cant seem to get a solid process to run my updates and NOW this lockup adds more complexity to the process.

No matter now because of the lockup I have to write a ticket EVERY update and wait 4ish hours.

I wrote my own steps and these fail me all the time now:

On the survivalserver control panel:
 - Select Mod as No Mod 
 - Edit Server Title (if required)
 - Edit Map information (if required)
 - Select Run Update (this is the rust update; run update every wipe)
 - Click on Save and Restart button on bottom of page

=> Once server is operational refresh the control panel and continue below

- Refresh SurvivalServers page
 - Select Mod as Oxide
 - Click on Save and Restart button on bottom of page

Later after advice of another support rep I added these steps above those steps:

Using the FTP delete the following:
 - The below action takes time do not get ahead of it as it is important to wait!!!
   - Folder Delete: /steamcmd & /steamapps (this forces a reload of Oxide)