Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Need help transferring from old host to survival

Hey guys, I am not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to FTP and have been trying to figure this out. I want to move my current Ark maps from my old host to survival. Do I need to copy the entire server from the old host or just the shooter games folder? Any help is much appreciated 

The folder you will want to copy would be the Saved folder that lives inside of the SavedArks folder. That should contain all the data needed!

I'm shooting from memory but I think you need to rename the .ark file. So the way I did it was to clear the new server, start it, and log in and out. It will create a xxxxxxxxxx.ark file in the saved arks folder. Make note of the name and turn the server off. Copy your old ARK server files to the new server, and rename the .ark file to replace the one the server created. Make sure you also move any .arkprofile or tribe files to the new server. these should not need to be renamed.