Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Conan Servers impacted by latest update?

GiaoCodex

I am unable to get to my server console after forcing an update related to patches. the entire control panel just goes into a white screen with no interaction available.  my other hosted servers look fine.

Is this related to the patch problems mentioned on Conan Exiles twitter feed?

I'm unable to get onto my server as well after the latest update. I'm guessing related to the problem with Funcom's servers. But I'm also unable to start my server or direct connect. My server keeps stopping. 

My server has been down since yesterday as well. I've tried removing my mods, cleaning mods folder, update/validate, cleaning steamCMD folder, multiple restarts and nothing has helped so far.

17 minutes ago, Oskor said:

My server has been down since yesterday as well. I've tried removing my mods, cleaning mods folder, update/validate, cleaning steamCMD folder, multiple restarts and nothing has helped so far.

Well at least I'm not alone. Damn, looks like Funcom kinda messed up...

Just FYI, customer service got back to me and asked me to try and direct connect to the server and turns out my server is up and running! It wasn't showing on the server listing or in my steam server favs either so I just assumed it wasn't up. Try to direct connect and see if yours is up.

2 hours ago, Oskor said:

Just FYI, customer service got back to me and asked me to try and direct connect to the server and turns out my server is up and running! It wasn't showing on the server listing or in my steam server favs either so I just assumed it wasn't up. Try to direct connect and see if yours is up.

Aw man I tried this yesterday and it didn't work. So I didn't think it would work today but I tried it and it worked! Thanks so much.

Mine is still stuck on "Started" and won't move to "Ready." Is this the state the rest of yours whom direct connect worked for is in? I'm restarting my server right now and I hope this works!

6 hours ago, mayasun said:

Mine is still stuck on "Started" and won't move to "Ready." Is this the state the rest of yours whom direct connect worked for is in? I'm restarting my server right now and I hope this works!

Yeah, I didn't use the Control Panel to connect. I launched Conan Exiles and used the Direct Connect option under the server browser.

2 hours ago, Joey Vieira said:

Yeah, I didn't use the Control Panel to connect. I launched Conan Exiles and used the Direct Connect option under the server browser.

Thanks Joey! I was able to direct connect, but it's not loading my character data. It just takes me to the character creation. were you able to log in with your existing character or did you have to start over again as well?

9 hours ago, mayasun said:

Thanks Joey! I was able to direct connect, but it's not loading my character data. It just takes me to the character creation. were you able to log in with your existing character or did you have to start over again as well?

So I got on today the same way, by having to direct connect. I do have my character data still. I will be telling my players that it's okay to come back now and we shall see about missing player data.

Funcom did just do an update to address the missing player data. It should be good to go now.

Hope it works for you!

1 hour ago, Ryan Pennington said:

We're checking into why some servers are not starting properly. This update has been a mess

I bet you've had to deal with a lot of issues of late.

I know when I log in now I have to wait a good 5 min before I can do anything. The lag is real from the server browser. Every time I log in, I have to do it direct connect, and suffer though the lag it gives me. I get DC'd from anything not Conan Exiles.

Looks like reverting back to a prior save to the update before last seems to do the trick if it's crashing and the crashstack is showing information about corruption.

So the fix would be then to identify if this is you (server goes from Ready to Stopped within a few minutes) and then try various backups using the Restore tool on the control panel.