Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to find ARK server for Epic Games

Seeing as the game was free on epic games I went ahead and bought EVERYTHING, season pass, genesis season pass, everything, and I also rented a small server for my gf and I.

I've checked the "Force Epic" and crossplay option so that we can play together, we both have the Epic Games version, not the steam version, so we do not own a Steam copy of the game. When I hit save and restar, it goes online and loading, but it doesn't show up in the servers list (I'm looking in the unofficial servers list), it jsut doesn't show up so we can't join in. Also, when I hit launch it goes "Server not responding", it never says "Ready" as in the screenshot they show in the wiki. Is there a way we can make this work? Am I missing anything?

Thank you in advance, we're currently both playing in singleplayer as we want no other  players around.

Same issue here, I've had a few friends start Ark and wanted to create a server. The server is up as I have Ark on steam and can join directly to it through the launch option and steam bootstrap but my friends cant see it on the EPIC side.

I have Crossplay enabled in Advanced Launch Params

17 minutes ago, Charlie England said:

Same issue here, I've had a few friends start Ark and wanted to create a server. The server is up as I have Ark on steam and can join directly to it through the launch option and steam bootstrap but my friends cant see it on the EPIC side.

I have Crossplay enabled in Advanced Launch Params

Make sure either Password box is checked and the correct map is displayed. I've yet to find a server that couldn't be found in the server list.

15 hours ago, Jesus Aguilera said:

Same here, doesn't seem to be working for me.

i got it to finally load and then i joined it and then i left it and sent me to the epic games store

I am playing through steam and my friends can't see my server on epic, has this been fixed??? I have a few ways to fix it on steam, but there are no ways to add it the same way on Epic...HELP

I have purchased a 10 player package and since it is free on epic games me and my friends were trying to find a server to play on so we bought are own,however i cannot find my own server and when i do somehow manage to find my server it say connection time out,None of my friends were able to find it either,I have restarted the server and waited awhile and im an still not seeing results please try and fix this situation.😣

server.JPG

Sooooooo I got it to work by enabling

-crossplay 

-epiconly (means only epic players can play the game) 

in the advanced launch parameters. ALSO, you need to clean the mod folder since its auto installs primitive plus now. Players on Epic Games CAN'T play with mods. Once you do that you should be golden. 

Edited by jbrown414
add clarifying info

Thanks Ryan, it doesn't actually appear to be an issue on your side which is what I initially thought. I think it's an issue with Ark's Server discovery, and it only pulling in a certain amount of servers when it searches.

I did have the password box checked, the correct map displayed and all mode types in the search field but was only able to find it after refreshing a bunch of times (server had been running for a while) again this doesn't appear to be a Survival Servers issue.

jbrown414, my friends were finally able to join. Sometimes my friends on EPIC can immediately see it in the server list, sometimes they can't. If they search for the name they cant find, period. They end up having to scroll through the long list and manually search for the server. They have to keep refreshing the server list until they find it. If Ark on EPIC had a way to favorite servers this would be much easier.

1) Make sure to name your server something unique in the control panel. 2) Wait 15-20 minutes after launching the server for the 1st time, open game, "Join Ark", select "Unofficial" from drop-down, and check the box for "server required password", then search for your unique name.  Also, this sounds obvious, but make sure that you go into the Epic Games Launcher and "manage DLC" to enable the additional maps. We started a Ragnarok map and after our server finally showed up, I couldn't join it because I hadn't enabled it.