Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Re-purposed for a new question on ps4 performance

I'm having a bit of an issue with server rental, and I'm hoping maybe anyone might have suggestions on what I can try to fix the issue. 

I've rented from two different server companies now, and both of them are having sort of a weird latency issue where my system and the server can't agree exactly where dinosaurs are so that if I'm mounted and attacking a dino we both seem to teleport a little bit randomly. It isn't rubber banding as much, there's no fps dip and the game acts perfectly fine otherwise. But any time I try and attack things while mounted it causes the skipping.

A friend I've been trying to play with is experiencing the same exact issue, so it isn't limited to just my console or internet. We both have really good pings, generally 30 or less. And at least for my internet I've got fairly good rates, 100-150+ down and 15+ up. There's no other noticeable lag aside from Arks typical tiny little fps drop every now and again when it's loading new terrain. This experience almost makes the game unplayable, as so much of it hinges on mounted combat. It's only the two of us trying to play, so the servers aren't being overloaded or anything. 

These clips were taken on our first server we rented from another site, but the experience has been roughly the same on the server here:

This first one is my friends clip

It could be based on where your server is located in comparison to you. (New York, Seattle, Dallas, ETC.) If there are only two of you the ping would naturally be lower anyways. That's the only thing I can think of, and not sure if that helps.

I have seen this issue many times in the past on servers AND local play. My problem was that my playstation wasn't well ventilated and my playstation was getting too hot. I have also had friends that had this issue and their problem was that they were running the game on a CD and the disc was getting too hot. Also, if your TV can't full support the fast frames per second coming from the Playstation you will have a similar issue.

While the most common issue is ping (latency), there are several other issues (more than I mentioned) that can cause the same experience that you are having. If you both have been on multiple servers and still have the same issue, then I would definitely look into some of the other most common issues.