Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

server won't start?

Getnghost

Been trying to get this thing up and running since this morning.  It won't start,  there's no guides that I can find anywhere.  I'm currently running a dedicated server at home, and have ran rust through gameserver  about 5 yrs ago, so I'm familiar with running servers .  This is so frustrating,  I'm probably doing something wrong on my end, any help would be appreciated.

24 minutes ago, Getnghost said:

Been trying to get this thing up and running since this morning.  It won't start,  there's no guides that I can find anywhere.  I'm currently running a dedicated server at home, and have ran rust through gameserver  about 5 yrs ago, so I'm familiar with running servers .  This is so frustrating,  I'm probably doing something wrong on my end, any help would be appreciated.

Are you running through a host now or running it from home?  Do the logs show anything of what is going on at startup?

I can be reached on discord if you need any help.  Overlord#8807

Just now, Overlord said:

Are you running through a host now or running it from home?  Do the logs show anything of what is going on at startup?

I can be reached on discord if you need any help.  Overlord#8807

Thank You, for your help and time!

So I am having the same issue. I hit start but the page just refreshes and the server remains offline. I did receive Email stating I would be transferred to a new IP port, but that was supposed to be up and running again hours ago, and I am not very experienced at the technical stuff :( can anyone advise me here?

13 minutes ago, Ammy said:

So I am having the same issue. I hit start but the page just refreshes and the server remains offline. I did receive Email stating I would be transferred to a new IP port, but that was supposed to be up and running again hours ago, and I am not very experienced at the technical stuff :( can anyone advise me here?

I had to switch locations to get my file loaded correctly!  Worked for me, thanks to Overlord for helping me

This is not the type of post we typically leave because they do not warrant community discussion or are too vague. Please read the forum rules for further clarification.

You can create a ticket for this type of account-specific request. Thanks!