Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Configuration

I really just wanted to ask the community on a few configurations that I would like in my server. I'll keep this short in simple in bulletin format for ease of reading.

- I noticed there is no Torp option for dinos so I lowered the stamina, is this the correct route to go?

- I wanted to increase the taming speed of the dinos, I don't know what option does that.

- When I manipulate the global spoil to .4 it seems like food still spoils but this is a multiplier, am I reading this wrong or is there another option that I can select to make food last longer?

- I think I made tamed dinos to strong but I really don't understand how the affinity works, anyone that can give me a brief rundown and probably the best practices they've found would be greatly appreciated.

- Any other advice, I'm new and humble so I am always willing to take more on. My play style isn't to just level up fast because I'll get board or be god mode the entire map. I have resource health up to 3, and resource gained to 2, while exp gain is at 4 (which I'm thinking of lowering), Also, like I stated earlier, I have my tamed dinos a little overpowered while wild ones are a little underpowered so I'm looking for a better fit which I'm going to mess with but advice in this area will be gold. 

Thanks to whoever responds.

• 1 month later...

The best way I know how to explain Affinity is that it is a percentage of how well you tamed the dino. If your taming effectiveness was in the high 90s then that is good. So, if the taming is 98%, and your Affinity multiplier is set to 5, then I think it's 5 times the 98% added to the highest it could be before Affinity is applied. 

I think I might not have that 100% correct. I have been playing local game play and playing with those same local settings for about 4 years and online on others servers for 1 year but I recently decided to host a server myself. I have learned real quick that the local settings that I have on my PS4 are not the same as on the Server. The first thing I did on my server was mimic the exact settings I had on local play for my server. I noticed with everything set to exactly the same settings as my local that the game play was totally different in several aspects. Anyways I was trying to help since I noticed no one posted.