Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Editing max level through panel not working

Dreorus

I'm using the panel to modify the player level configuration only changing the engrams, not the experience points. The level cap on my server appears to be 86 instead of the 105 that should be possible without ascension. I've also tried setting the Override Max Experience Points players setting (setting it to 64032436 which is the experience for lvl 136).  Am I doing something wrong or it's just not working? I prefer doing this through the panel instead of editing the INI, but if it's the only option, please tell me.

I have the same problem. Since one of the last updates my char stopped leveling at lvl 95. After i did a mindwipe i was even further reduced to 86. No more leveling possible.

I didn't change anything in the config.

On 3/6/2020 at 11:07 PM, B&TArk said:

I have the same error even though the available levels are up to 133. Any tips on how to fix?

133 is probably not enough. I had to go to over 160 and than it did work.

This is what i got from support and it did work. But instead of Level 135 i did it up to over Level 160. I guess that not only Ascension is reserving levels. Genesis is doing it too, even when you didn't buy either one. Try it. It's worth a shot and it fixed mine completely.

Adding custom levels can be done through one of two ways: Using the Modify Server Config tool or uploading a custom Game.ini to your server via FTP. I will only show you the Modify server config

Please note that, since the release of Aberration DLC, the last 30 levels for players is locked behind "Ascension". ttps://ark.gamepedia.com/Ascension. This affects all leveling systems, vanilla or modified. If a server has a maximum level cap of 145, a player can only get to level 115 without needing Ascension to progress to 145.

Modify Server Config (MSC)

Clicking on the Modify Server Config button will open up a new window. On the left side, look for "Player Levels" and click that button. Your menu will reach a section labeled Player Levels Configuration. Check the box labeled "Make Changes" to begin.

To add a new level, click on the button indicated below. In this example, we will add 5 levels our server. to mimic the leveling scheme available on Official servers. You will need to click this button 5 times, once for each level.

Once done, scroll down the list and you will see something similar to this after Level 130. We will need to add data in place of "XP Required" and "Engrams Received", as these are only empty placeholders.

Here is an example of data that I have added for levels 131 - 135. Please note that the value in place of "XP Required" is the total number of experience points we need to have, not how much we need to gain between levels.

Once you are done, scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Save Configuration and Restart Game Server" button. Wait for the server to finish loading and then you should be good to go.