Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Genesis release date information inside!

Hi folks!

We're all very excited about Genesis release. Here's some quick information (that we currently know of)

• Release date is planned for 6:30 PM (Pacific Standard Time) at which time we will release the map drop-down for Genesis
  • If there is any delay, you will find about it via Twitter (@survivetheark and @survivalservers)
  • Release size of update is 800 Mb
  • Updating your server will take a very long time initially as Steam downloads get very slow at launch

Cheers to a smooth launch and please enjoy Genesis!

44 minutes ago, Dustin Honix said:

Last I saw It was 4pm PST,  was there another time delay, and where was it posted?

I think what he is talking about is the release of Genesis on their servers for us to use, not the actual release date of the map itself. Genesis will come out at 4 PM PST and most likely at 6 PM PST on Survival Servers.

16 minutes ago, ffcfoo said:
17 minutes ago, ffcfoo said:

I think what he is talking about is the release of Genesis on their servers for us to use, not the actual release date of the map itself. Genesis will come out at 4 PM PST and most likely at 6 PM PST on Survival Servers.

I hope not.  was really wanting to get started right away.   I did notice the folders for it are already there on the ftp server.

4 minutes ago, Aceoffox said:

^^^ Kind of the selling point here as advertised....

So you expect to play something before it's released?

That's not what a pre-load is. Our pre-load means Genesis is ready to go (but still requires Wildcard to push the update)

Don't shoot the messenger..

10 minutes ago, Ryan Pennington said:

So you expect to play something before it's released?

That's not what a pre-load is. Our pre-load means Genesis is ready to go (but still requires Wildcard to push the update)

Don't shoot the messenger..

Didn't expect to play the game before it came out.  But "pre" load, would imply that at release the game data had been pre loaded onto the server already no?
But the instructions themselves say an 800mb update and, well, when the game does come out, I'll have to "load" the server correct?

So, I'm just curious where the "Pre" aspect of the "Preload" is in the advertisement?

I'm not mad, I'm asking for clarification and you gave it :)

Just now, Aceoffox said:

Didn't expect to play the game before it came out.  But "pre" load, would imply that at release the game data had been pre loaded onto the server already no?
But the instructions themselves say an 800mb update and, well, when the game does come out, I'll have to "load" the server correct?

So, I'm just curious where the "Pre" aspect of the "Preload" is in the advertisement?

I'm not mad, I'm asking for clarification.

some of the files are already there if you check your ftp server there is a genesis folder.    I would imagine some got loaded while others will still be patched when the update goes live.  much like when you pre-load a game you buy there is always a day 1 patch. 

1 minute ago, Syphen said:

some of the files are already there if you check your ftp server there is a genesis folder.    I would imagine some got loaded while others will still be patched when the update goes live.  much like when you pre-load a game you buy there is always a day 1 patch. 

Yeah I totally get it.  It's like an 800mb update, not a download.  I didn't get that at first, I understand now, thanks.  I expected you'd have everything good to go, and when Steam set it live, you'd flip a switch and activate it.

How do we know if server has successfully updated? Right now mine shows as 'Started' with long "Loading" (I think that's to be expected). Is there a way to know whether its successfully loading or if it's stuck?