Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

On-the-fly Map Changing

Lumitesi

Hey fellas,

I'm thinking of renting a server and I'm wondering, can I change the server map after buying it? Also, let's say I start with Ragnarok, change to the Island, then back to Ragnarok, does the server retain the save? or do I have to start over on Ragnarok?

Thank you

i've never tried it but the functionality seems to be there? on the SurvivalServersPanel it has a map drop down even after you've purchased the server for a specific map

You are always able to switch maps, but be careful as it will wipe data once it is switched. The data is only saved back to about 2 weeks through our tool.

15 hours ago, Cpnick22 said:

You are always able to switch maps, but be careful as it will wipe data once it is switched. The data is only saved back to about 2 weeks through our tool.

Is there a way to save the data on the map I am on, so I could run another map for a bit but then go back to my original map later??? Like actually hard save the builds and such? Or just like a sandcastle on the beach is everything temperaray?

8 hours ago, Deadfish said:

Is there a way to save the data on the map I am on, so I could run another map for a bit but then go back to my original map later??? Like actually hard save the builds and such? Or just like a sandcastle on the beach is everything temperaray?

Unfortunately we are unable to give out saved data for ARK PS4 servers due to an NDA we have with Sony/Wildcard.

• 1 month later...